PDA

View Full Version : ANyone live around red deer old area?

Alberta Bigbore
12-12-2008, 02:36 PM
hey. work phoned, said us night shift turnpikers are not allowed to run hwy 2 tonight, which means i got to run tomorrow...which means might tamper with my ice fishing first light at Gull lake or somewhere else on Sunday.

is this winter storm for real? or is it just weak sauce?

BorntoFish
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
About 2 inches of the white stuff in Red Deer, no wind so not sure why the highway would be that bad. Maybe because all the commuters forget how to winter drive after all these months.

Albertadiver
12-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Calgary is already socked in, stay away unless you absolutely have to

Alberta Bigbore
12-12-2008, 04:07 PM
it is weird, i do have 2 ultra light loads to bring down, and work knows that in my years with them i dont turn down a set of pikes due to weather and light loads. Im wondering if its an excuse cuz they F'd up on my dispatch or something and are trying to use the weather as a cover up. Grrr

I did talk to Balzac scales, they said it was ugly out, and there is a wreck by Olds, and RCMP shut down a turnpike somewhere south of red deer.

May as well go x-mas shopping:D

MK2750
12-12-2008, 04:14 PM
I was working around RD today and it was as if the folks on the radio were in a parallel universe. Weather warnings, RCMP advisories, I shifted into 4 high just in case it was me that was off on the wrong quantum:scared::scared:

Roads were mostly bare with fair to good winter driving conditions. It could get hairy if the wind picks up.

Redfrog
12-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Just talked to a guy in Edson. A foot of snow and still coming down.

packhuntr
12-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Getting ugly in the Brooks area now. Sounds like we might be getting the worst of it down here soon, least thats what a guy told me anyways. Time will tell i guess. Sunday morning im gonna ride er out in the shack and slam some whites. Early ice waits for no man. Besides, whats the worst that could happen?

Rockymtnx
12-12-2008, 04:41 PM
We just had a Q-Line driver come in from Calgary.
He said the roads from Olds to Calgary are terrible.
He heard rumor on the radio that they were going to close them.

Alberta Bigbore
12-12-2008, 05:41 PM
guess its better to sit at home than sit on the side of the highway waiting for them to open if they do close. Crap

Albertadiver
12-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Just took this photo five minutes ago. Noon today, my patio in the backyard was bare concrete. I guess another 4-6 inches are to come overnight and the temperature is going to drop to -23 with wind over 40km/h by morning.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/albertadiver/IMG_3682Medium.jpg