PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo ice anchors

tonypower
12-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Hey guys, I have an Eskimo fat fish. I can't find a drill adapter for the ice anchors. I bought the ht one and the clam one. Where can I find an Eskimo one? Thanks

tonypower
12-28-2014, 06:51 PM
You can get them from Eskimo but they want $23 for shipping

EZM
12-28-2014, 06:59 PM
I purchased mine at wholesale sports.

The Eskimo anchors are thicker compared to the clam, HT and other brands of anchors I've seen, so the "standard" drill and anchor throat is too tight ..... FYI ..... you will need the eskimo brand bit.

Eskimo anchors are, without a doubt, the best. Must be the design and thread pitch ........ I use Eskimo anchors on my clam tent.

tonypower
12-28-2014, 07:17 PM
I checked the website but no luck. I will look in the store

Daceminnow
12-28-2014, 08:16 PM
I checked the website but no luck. I will look in the store

Tony. Check it out.

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store/shopdetail.asp?params=18734*96**Eskimo_Ice_Anchor_ Drill_Adapter

Dace

tonypower
12-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Tony. Check it out.

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store/shopdetail.asp?params=18734*96**Eskimo_Ice_Anchor_ Drill_Adapter

Dace

Ya I found that too but they want like $25 for shipping lol. I might have to bite the bullet.

Daceminnow
12-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Ya I found that too but they want like $25 for shipping lol. I might have to bite the bullet.

I miss understood your post regarding the website you were referring to. I'd be willing to bet the good people at The Fishing Hole would be open to bringing in for you along with their next order from Eskimo. Be worth asking.

Dace

tonypower
12-28-2014, 08:40 PM
That's a great idea. Thanks Dace!

spoons
12-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Love the eskimo products except for the anchor screws. Bought the new tent last year .. Switched mine all to the HT t screws and thats the way to go. All you do is tap them into the ice with the back of a hatchet and away you go. No need for a drill.

RavYak
12-28-2014, 09:02 PM

The Eskimo anchors are thicker compared to the clam, HT and other brands of anchors I've seen, so the "standard" drill and anchor throat is too tight ..... FYI ..... you will need the eskimo brand bit.

Eskimo anchors are, without a doubt, the best. Must be the design and thread pitch ........ I use Eskimo anchors on my clam tent.

Funny because I was disappointed with the anchors that came with my new Eskimo tent. They are harder to get started then the ones that came with my kingfisher tent and they just seem to crack/pull ice up instead of screwing in nice. Maybe it was just the ice or something but I really struggled to put mine in but maybe that was just because it was noticeably colder.

tonypower
12-28-2014, 09:14 PM
I have a cabela's tent and a fat fish and to be honest I thought both of the anchors were a pain to try to put in by hand,

huntsfurfish
12-28-2014, 09:55 PM

:) Actually the best are ice climbing screws.:)
But eskimo is pretty good.;)

ArcherAPA
12-28-2014, 10:10 PM
The fishing hole stocks them. Just bought one myself and it works great!

EZM
12-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Funny because I was disappointed with the anchors that came with my new Eskimo tent. They are harder to get started then the ones that came with my kingfisher tent and they just seem to crack/pull ice up instead of screwing in nice. Maybe it was just the ice or something but I really struggled to put mine in but maybe that was just because it was noticeably colder.

I've always drilled mine in .... no problems so far ......

They have never cracked the ice like the other brands and I found they hold solid ....

I don't put to much pressure on the drill I just let it spin to get started and then a little pressure just to get them to bite - low speed setting.

so far ... so good

whitetail Junkie
12-28-2014, 11:22 PM
???? So these anchors for the ice tents you can't just twist in by hand without first drilling a pilot hole with a drill bit?

EZM
12-28-2014, 11:35 PM
???? So these anchors for the ice tents you can't just twist in by hand without first drilling a pilot hole with a drill bit?

No ... you can twist in them by hand but a drill with a anchor holder allows you to do it with less effort and you can keep the angle perfectly in alignment to prevent the ice from cracking ....

No need to pre drill ..... but you certainly can .... I do it when im drilling through clear ice in colder temps below -20.

They work like great in the often milky white layer on top.

silverdoctor
12-28-2014, 11:41 PM
I bring a drill with me for the rod holders I use, same bit is good for the pilot hole for the eskimo anchors. makes it effortless to screw them in and no cracking.

Willowtrail
12-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Saw what you're looking for at cabelas south store Xmas eve. Not sure stock now

whitetail Junkie
12-29-2014, 12:16 AM
No ... you can twist in them by hand but a drill with a anchor holder allows you to do it with less effort and you can keep the angle perfectly in alignment to prevent the ice from cracking ....

No need to pre drill ..... but you certainly can .... I do it when im drilling through clear ice in colder temps below -20.

They work like great in the often milky white layer on top.

I see...Thanks for the tip....

I still haven't made it out ice fishing yet because of work and illness :angry3:

marty1
12-29-2014, 05:55 AM
Drill with a 1/4 drill bit,pre-drill then turn them in by hand much easier and cheaper than an adapter.

tonypower
12-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Saw what you're looking for at cabelas south store Xmas eve. Not sure stock now

Thanks willow, I was at the south yesterday but they never had them, I will check it out. I will also take a trip to TFH. Thanks again guys.

vital shok
12-29-2014, 09:10 AM
I bought the ht adapter but didn't fit the screws very good so about 5 mins with a file and it fit in snug no problems at all maybe just adapt the the ones you have

bloopbloob
12-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Can someone post a picture of what you're talking about? I have an idea in my mind, but not sure if I'm correct. If I am, I could make a ton of these up for free for you guys.

Daceminnow
12-29-2014, 09:28 AM
Can someone post a picture of what you're talking about? I have an idea in my mind, but not sure if I'm correct. If I am, I could make a ton of these up for free for you guys.

Picture can be found in the below link.

Dace

tonypower
12-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Once again great service from the fishing hole. Called Richard at the west store. Couldn't see one on the shelf so he took my number. 10 minutes later called me back, he found one and put it aside for me. Thanks again for all your help.

Fish Hooked
12-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Hey guys, I have an Eskimo fat fish. I can't find a drill adapter for the ice anchors. I bought the ht one and the clam one. Where can I find an Eskimo one? Thanks

Bought one today at WSS south have 10 or so in stock wanting 15.00 for them

dcampbster
12-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Home made drill bit for Eskimo anchors. http://s780.photobucket.com/user/dcampbster/media/eskimo/sept14001_zps656bfb51.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
1 inch pipe ,cut out with angle grinder total cost $3.00