PDA

View Full Version : Cabellas Hex tent

Kim473
12-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Anyone have one of there large hex tents ? How is it ? $ 350 sounds like a great deal. About a dozen in the Edmonton North store. I just might have to upgrade to a larger one. Anyone want to buy a costco orange 2 - 3 person one. Make me an offer over pm.

http://www.costco.ca/.product.100017975.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-itempageVerticalRight-_-CategorySiloedViewCP&cm_vc=itempageVerticalRight|CategorySiloedViewCP

denpacc
12-30-2014, 07:52 AM
The online reviews on it were not very good.

Kim473
12-30-2014, 08:30 AM
There are no reviews on the cabellas tent.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/60847/cabelas-ice-team-5-sided-360-thermal-cap-hub-shelter

deeman
12-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Save your money and get the Costco one...I used it twice last year and once was on a very windy day on Spray and anyone who fishes Spray knows how the wind can get. Held up perfectly, jus wasn't easy to set up in the wind, but I wouldn't think any of them are. I fished in it with my two younger kids in it and with our body heat didn't even need to put the heater on after taking off the chill. I ice fish 2-3 times a year and the price was right.

1bluZebec
12-30-2014, 10:03 AM
X2 on the Costco tent. For the money can't be beat. I got the cabelas boxing day deal on the 6120i or I would of went with the Costco tent too. Need a big one for room it makes for a way more enjoyable experience for sure.

Mike_W
12-30-2014, 10:54 AM
There is a huge size difference between the two I was supprised at the cabelas one its a really nice size!! I would get the cabelas one if I didnt buy a 6 man fatfish last year......the cabelas one has an insulated roof too.

EZM
12-30-2014, 12:54 PM
I really like the hexagon shape for tents. I have the Clam six pack 1660 Magnum.

The layout lets you drill a hole for the camera and put in 4 holes no problem.

After you put in the heater, propane bottle, camera, side tables, tackle bag and a few chairs the smaller tents just seem to get tight.

Two guys .... like the taj mahal palace, ......... three or four guys very comfortable and lots of elbow room and room to stretch your legs and move around.

The big buddy, on low, will keep it nice a toasty up to minus 20 ..... turn it on high and you can be a donair.

1bluZebec
12-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Ahhhhh can't wait for this Saturday and Sunday. Going to try out the new tent and bring out the Lil buddy for the first time this winter. I'm pumped. Bigger is better in this scenario. Let us know how you make out and what you get.

Kim473
12-31-2014, 04:16 PM
I gather no body has this tent ???? If you do, please rate it here. Don't want to buy a pc of junk if thats what it is.