PDA

View Full Version : Salmon fishing central coast

bardfromedson
01-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Wondering if anyone has taken there own boat to the central coast area. Was thinking of launching at Bella coola and staying out at shearwater. Looking for some feedback if anyone has fished the area or used the services at shearwater. I don't imagine it's cheap but wouldn't have to pay for a ferry so it's a wash.

Serengeti Charters
01-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Great place to go for hog chinook and a ton of coho. Quantity of chinook isn't the best on the coast but size is definitely up there in top 3. My buddy guides out of shearwater. May be able to get some spots and what works for you. I'll let you know :)

bardfromedson
01-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Great place to go for hog chinook and a ton of coho. Quantity of chinook isn't the best on the coast but size is definitely up there in top 3. My buddy guides out of shearwater. May be able to get some spots and what works for you. I'll let you know :)

Thanks. Also wondering when would be prime time to go. I imagine it books up quick.

Dark
01-21-2015, 05:40 PM
pm sent

flint guy
01-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Spent alot if time in shearwater. The facilities used to be pretty decent, the hotel was nothing nice. Food and the bar was great, used to love the big windows overlooking the dock when the weather came up. Used to be this giant eagle that would hang out on the dead tree at the top of the ramp to the dock, i imagine hes gone now. Dont know what moorage would be, we tied to the "hobo dock" cause they didnt like the comercial boats on the nice fingers, plenty of natural harbours in the area depending on your range, and if you want to anchor/beach line for the night. It sounds like some boys have some current info for you. Beware the weather coming out the north passage around price island, had some good rides through there. Ever been hit by a water spout? Sure miss It out there.