PDA

View Full Version : Impressed

JohninAB
01-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Bought an Eskimo 949i tent and a single burner Remington propane heater Friday. Out on the maiden voyage in this -30 weather and have had to jimmy rig the heater to turn it down lower than the low setting else I be fishing in my underwear here. So two big thumbs up!

Oh and have iced 5 pike so far. Seeing up to 5 at a time on the Marcum camera.

EZM
01-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Bought an Eskimo 949i tent and a single burner Remington propane heater Friday. Out on the maiden voyage in this -30 weather and have had to jimmy rig the heater to turn it down lower than the low setting else I be fishing in my underwear here. So two big thumbs up!

Oh and have iced 5 pike so far. Seeing up to 5 at a time on the Marcum camera.

Now you just need to get a jaw jacker ..... then you can be 2 thumbs AND A EYEPATCH UP !!!!

You guys in the same spot (on same structure?)

JohninAB
01-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes but shallower. I am in about 12 and Jay and Duncan a bit deeper at 15 or so.

A jaw jacker and an eye patch are next. Arrrr matey, I am going to be a pirate too.

RavYak
01-04-2015, 12:14 PM
I was just in an insulated tent for the first time yesterday, it definitely seemed to keep things warmer but I was comparing it to my 3 man uninsulated with single burner so kind of apples to oranges.

With my uninsulated 3 man I have noticed comfortable single burner setting is as low as possible up to -10, low -15, medium -20 and high anything colder.

EZM
01-04-2015, 12:28 PM
I have a big uninsulated tent ......... the big buddy will easily heat it up and keep it comfy on low setting. When it's really cold (under -25 or so) the heater goes to medium and the fan runs ...... but it rains inside the tent ..... lol

I haven't used it in below -30 or so ...... but I'd image, at some point, It would get turned up to high. After minus 30..... it gets dangerous to be out there I think ..... not really compelled to come out and play at that point ( too much like suffering to set up and tear down fishing camp ).

Condensation is definitely an issue in uninsulated tents ...... and every once in a while the drip is EXACTLY where you are sitting !!!!

Sloughsharkjigger
01-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Good deal John!

Yes, got to love the room inside the 949's. I picked one up as well less the thermal.

Good luck with the rest of the day.

58thecat
01-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Turn up the heat, fish naked than when some wanker gets a little to close step outside and great your new neighbour! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Geezle
01-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Turn up the heat, fish naked than when some wanker gets a little to close step outside and great your new neighbour! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Don't give him ideas...EvilEddie and I are the only ones around for miles! :thinking-017:

flygirrl
01-04-2015, 07:12 PM

:thinking-006:

RavYak
01-04-2015, 07:36 PM
:thinking-006:

Probably would have the wrong effect for you lol.

recce43
01-04-2015, 09:04 PM

Oh and have iced 5 pike so far. Seeing up to 5 at a time on the Marcum camera.nobody and i mean nobody wants to see you in your underwear John