PDA

View Full Version : Woods Ice Shelters

Fishtracker
01-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Seen these (Woods) brand ice shelters at Canadian Tire the other day. Wondering how good these are?

Mackinaw
01-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Seen these (Woods) brand ice shelters at Canadian Tire the other day. Wondering how good these are?

I've got two of them a 2 man and 6 man have used them for 5 years can not complain cracked my first window this year.

Mack

the local angler
01-06-2015, 10:20 PM
i also have a two man one but mine is much older something like 10 + years ago. it still works great and all but i find assemble a bit cumbersome because there is so many pieces that fit like a puzzle and i keep worry about dropping something down the hole. almost lost one of the poles down the hole on a few occasions. with light wind its ok but doesn't hold if the wind gets stronger. the one i have you assemble the frame then slide the canvas cover over the frame. i personally would look at the make and model of the unit and see if you can get parts if something breaks or gets lost so if something goes wrong you're not stuck with a paper weight.

Mackinaw
01-07-2015, 09:35 AM
i also have a two man one but mine is much older something like 10 + years ago. it still works great and all but i find assemble a bit cumbersome because there is so many pieces that fit like a puzzle and i keep worry about dropping something down the hole. almost lost one of the poles down the hole on a few occasions. with light wind its ok but doesn't hold if the wind gets stronger. the one i have you assemble the frame then slide the canvas cover over the frame. i personally would look at the make and model of the unit and see if you can get parts if something breaks or gets lost so if something goes wrong you're not stuck with a paper weight.

Yours must be an old style put together model ...mine are both pop ups ...no extra pieces. .lol

Mack

TROLLER
01-07-2015, 11:01 AM
I use what they call a 4 man. Really a decent 2 and very nice 1 man.

Goes up easy, comes with some wicked stakes.

No complaints.

the local angler
01-07-2015, 04:58 PM
yeah mine is definately really old school. lol 4 legs each leg is two piece, then theres the X cross roof piece that connects all 4 legs then there is a bracket that holds the X together, then the canvas. thinking of using sheet metal screws to make the frame all one piece but foldable lol

Fishtracker
01-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the input. No complaints which is great. It's a bonus that Woods is a long standing Canadian company also. Hard to find these days!

linger
01-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Even though i don't really like wholesale sports if they have a good sale on ice tents i would by one as there own brand is made by woods great tents.:)