PDA

View Full Version : Short Box 5th Wheel Hitch

chrispee
01-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Does anyone here have a 5th wheel hitch installed on a short box truck (5'7" box).

I know there can be clearance issues with the cab and online they recommend them fancy hitches that auto slide.

In have 20 foot 5th wheel I bought and need a hitch.

Was thinking one of those manual slider hitches would work, just wanted to see if anyone here has one installed.

*can this be moved to the general forum? I messed up*

huntsfurfish
01-07-2015, 11:18 AM
:)

chrispee
01-07-2015, 11:23 AM
:)

You know how to delete or move it?

Wild&Free
01-07-2015, 12:38 PM
send a message to the mods, or report it.

they can't be everywhere at once and do their best.

wellpastcold
01-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Does anyone here have a 5th wheel hitch installed on a short box truck (5'7" box).

I know there can be clearance issues with the cab and online they recommend them fancy hitches that auto slide.

In have 20 foot 5th wheel I bought and need a hitch.

Was thinking one of those manual slider hitches would work, just wanted to see if anyone here has one installed.

*can this be moved to the general forum? I messed up*
Talk to the guys at Pioneer Hitch in Edmonton. They will fix you up. The vast majority of trucks sold now are short box. A manual slider will work just fine for you.

Klondike
01-07-2015, 06:36 PM
When I had a short box I had a curt 20K sliding hitch that worked really well. I could make it slide under load. I've heard some won't. I now have an 8ft box and another Curt hitch.

chrispee
01-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Talk to the guys at Pioneer Hitch in Edmonton. They will fix you up. The vast majority of trucks sold now are short box. A manual slider will work just fine for you.

i'll give them a ring..thanks for the info.

Maghunter
01-07-2015, 06:49 PM
I have a short box. I had the same problem. I bought a sliding hitch for the truck and a hitch extender for the trailer. It works great. I bought the hitch on Kijij and had it mounted at the hitch shop on 50th street and sherwood freeway. They also sold me the hitch extender and I mounted it myself.