PDA

View Full Version : Campbell River Fishing

chipchap
01-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Anyone have any info on fishing around Campbell River or up before the narrows around Browns Bay? I am thinking of flying down there this fall with my bro and giving it a go on our own. One of the biggest parts of fishing for me is figuring out how to get there/catch that on my own, and do it. So this would be a real adventure for a land locked fly fisherman.

Thinking of renting a boat at browns bay marina as they are fully outfitted and trolling along. But that is about where my knowledge of trolling and salmon fishing ends haha. The only salmon fishing I have done is throwing a spoon into a few pools around Terrace for Coho (which by the way is a ton of fun on light tackle).

So if anyone has any tips on average depths for salmon (coho or spring), tackle or just any general help it would be really appreciated and I will be sure to post some pictures on this thread. I am sure the locals down there would help a ton but its always nice to have an idea before we go. Cheers.

goose
01-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi there, I have fished Brown's bay lots. White glo hootchies work well in the morning and regular white hootchies after that or pink hootchies. This year is a pink year I believe and you can catch 30-40 pinks a day. I fish at 25 feet on the downrigger for the pinks. I caught a 30 pound spring there two years ago so there are some nice fish there. The cohos seem to like around 100 feet along the west shore line using herring strip teasers. They do provide guided services there and the food is pretty good too. I have never stayed at thier cabins though. The water never seems to get too rough either.

Have fun
Goose :sHa_shakeshout: