PDA

View Full Version : slave lake

Hard Water
12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
hey whtas up? wondering if anybody has been on slave yet ? or if theres enough ice yet for that matter? when i was there last year we all hammered the walleyes , got our limmits in 45 min,......Was also wondering if anyone has a good spot for perch on that huge lake , or am i better off going to utikama for the jumbos? And one more thing , has anyone ever rented those cabbins from the sawridge hotel, where you stay over night on the lake ,and can fish all night long? thats what i was told by some fellow fisherman ,and i want to know if its true and if so how was it ,?

Marlin07
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Call Bernie at Ladyhawk cabin rentals. He has some mint shacks out of Jousard for rent. He has them put on some nice structure for walleye. The fishing up there is great.

hafwit
12-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I did an overnighter last spring in a shack. I used glow wire worms and caught2 between midnight and 4:00 am. at sun up at 7:00 they hit one after another. I would do it again but only so I would be set up and ready for the morning bite. after about 9:00 p.m. you are better off getting some sleep.kind of spooky by yourself. had a mouse scratching at the floor hatch for a couple of hours. in the pitch black and silence of the night it was pretty easy to turn the mouse into a wolverine. Next time I am bringing the dog, if only for the company.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
12-15-2008, 12:42 AM
I did an overnighter last spring in a shack. I used glow wire worms and caught2 between midnight and 4:00 am. at sun up at 7:00 they hit one after another. I would do it again but only so I would be set up and ready for the morning bite. after about 9:00 p.m. you are better off getting some sleep.kind of spooky by yourself. had a mouse scratching at the floor hatch for a couple of hours. in the pitch black and silence of the night it was pretty easy to turn the mouse into a wolverine. Next time I am bringing the dog, if only for the company.

It wasnt a mouse it was those monster pike that eoam slave lake , and tryin to get threw the floor of your hut. avoid dangleing toes over open hole.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGRr2XqEJ8&NR=1