PDA

View Full Version : Hanmore lake

buckmaster
01-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Has anyone fished this lake recently? I used to ice fish this lake often but has been almost dead for quite some time now.. Thanks

Billy2017
01-09-2015, 09:40 AM
I have fished it a few times this year, lots of medium sized pike (not a bad lake if you want to keep a few pike for the smoker or a fry) but if perch and whites are what your after it might be a slow day for you. Had the camera down many holes across the lake but only saw a hand full of small perch and 0 whites.

Red Bullets
01-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Amazing there are no whites to be seen. The old record lake whitefish came out of Hanmore prior to 1998.

Wonder if anyone has caught any whites there recently.

It's like Smoke lake by Fox creek. They say there aren't many whitefish left there but when i went ice fishing there I caught some big whites. Never saw any except the ones that swam right in and grabbed my hook in 2 feet of water. Between 7 and 9 lbs.

I am thinking the whites at Hanmore might be the same. Thinking that big whites are more solitary.

buckmaster
01-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Amazing there are no whites to be seen. The old record lake whitefish came out of Hanmore prior to 1998.

Wonder if anyone has caught any whites there recently.

It's like Smoke lake by Fox creek. They say there aren't many whitefish left there but when i went ice fishing there I caught some big whites. Never saw any except the ones that swam right in and grabbed my hook in 2 feet of water. Between 7 and 9 lbs.

I am thinking the whites at Hanmore might be the same. Thinking that big whites are more solitary.
Ive seen and caught big whites at hanmore but for some reason the lake has almost died off for whites. The only fish we were catching within the last 5yrs were skinny jackfish.

Northern Yaker
01-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Nice pech in there 2 summers ago.

GregT
01-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Dropped a camera down last winter and found hundreds of 2-3" inchers. Not sure if its stunted or coming back from a winterkill. We ended up hoping over to mons lake that day.

stinkynuts
01-09-2015, 09:33 PM
We have a Lot up at Hanmore and take the Kids out its pretty slow small to Med Jacks if you see Perch they are to small to bite the hook and I have yet to see a White on my Cam in 5 years plus

Coltye
01-10-2015, 10:24 AM
To my knowledge and from a couple buddy's the whites have pretty much been all netted out of there.