PDA

View Full Version : IPilot Question

dodger
01-10-2015, 06:55 PM
So I just picked up an IPilot for my boat. I am trying to figure out when using the "tracks" option can you do a zig zag type pattern? My 2 favorites spots are large flat areas that jut out into the lake with deep holes on the sides. I would like to do the zig zag pattern across the flats.

Thanks, Dodger.

EZM
01-10-2015, 08:56 PM
So I just picked up an IPilot for my boat. I am trying to figure out when using the "tracks" option can you do a zig zag type pattern? My 2 favorites spots are large flat areas that jut out into the lake with deep holes on the sides. I would like to do the zig zag pattern across the flats.

Thanks, Dodger.

Absolutely ......

If your boat can do it ..... the i-pilot will make it happen.

It's best to make and save all your tracks on a calm day so you stay on target if accurate boat placement is key for you.

I traced my tracks around drop offs where the starboard side is at 6-9 feet and the port side is 12-16 feet along a drop off almost 2 miles long. It weaves in and out at sharp angles all over the place ..... once saved ..... you are in business.

We typically run one guy on a spoon, shallow crankbait or big spinner (shallow side of boat) and the other guy runs a deep diving crank (off the deep side of the boat )..... works great and keeps you on target depth the entire run.

We have increased our hook ups by almost 300% since "stevie wonder" (my i-pilot's nickname) has become our pilot.

Stevie keeps me right on top of the structure, within a few feet, no problem. He might be blind as a bat but he's got a great memory.

Keep in mind if you are using your electric on a windy and rough day and expect to stay on path ...... just like as if you were trying to steer it manually ...... it's not going to happen ..... but that's a condition of the weather, not the function of the i-pilot.

dodger
01-11-2015, 03:53 AM
Thanks EZM!

I was hoping you would spot my post as I knew you had an IPilot. I'm going to go spend a day on a couple of lakes before fishing starts and get my tracks in place so on opening day - look out. :sHa_shakeshout:

Dodger.