PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Reservoir and Ghost River Question

ponchoyu
01-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was out at Ghost Reservoir, ice is good to drive on (18 inches)....even the CO drove on and went right to the island towards the west.

Driving from Cochrane towards the boat ramp, when crossing the bridge where the river meets the reservoir, to the right (North) there were a ton of people ice fishing there past the Marina. I thought this was the river arm and it's closed for the season. Is that area still considered to be Ghost Reservoir?

Thanks

spinN'flyfish
01-10-2015, 10:43 PM
I think its boundary is at the indian reserve where the bridge crosses the bow

blackmamba
01-10-2015, 11:25 PM
I think its boundary is at the indian reserve where the bridge crosses the bow

thats the bow river that comes into ghost from the west , hes talking as soon as u cross the bridge on 1a and look north (right) the ghost river runs in there .. I do believe the ghost resevoir regs apply .

spinN'flyfish
01-12-2015, 09:28 PM
thats the bow river that comes into ghost from the west , hes talking as soon as u cross the bridge on 1a and look north (right) the ghost river runs in there .. I do believe the ghost resevoir regs apply .

Oh whoops, my bad, id say stick tl the ghost res regs

MBOBREL
01-13-2015, 11:57 AM
What's the fishing like there?

mayuan
01-13-2015, 09:39 PM
The lake goes up to the second bend in the river, at that point it gets real shallow and narrow.

This boundary was set by the Provence and TransAlta many years ago.

Will a CO give you a ticket, maybe? I would assume not all the CO's will know the boundaries.

There is a lot of fish in Ghost, but the biggest issue that there is a lot of fish in ghost. With Spray where you have a very limited amount of food and the fish will bite anything. At Ghost the fish have a very steady supply of food and most bait doesn't act like the food source. <--fishing hint for Ghost

With Ghost it seems to take about 2yrs to learn the lake before you can catch fish on a regular basis.

hit1987
01-14-2015, 11:19 AM
Thanks for sharing information and seems you know this lake well. I tried this lake a few times and mostly target lake white fish and caught odd fish occasionally. My assumption is that there is no enough food sources there because of lacking of nutrition. Most time of year, the belly is almost empty from what I see. Food they had are insect larvae, snails, water boats-man or back-swimmer, Wondering if you can share more on food sources.

Cheers

lds
01-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Thanks for sharing information and seems you know this lake well. I tried this lake a few times and mostly target lake white fish and caught odd fish occasionally. My assumption is that there is no enough food sources there because of lacking of nutrition. Most time of year, the belly is almost empty from what I see. Food they had are insect larvae, snails, water boats-man or back-swimmer, Wondering if you can share more on food sources.

Cheers

Are they lake whites or mountain whites. Not trying to be smart. I've never caught anything there but just surprise me they would be lake whites

RayL42
01-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Are they lake whites or mountain whites. Not trying to be smart. I've never caught anything there but just surprise me they would be lake whites

Both are in there

RayL42
01-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Here is a photo of a few Ghost lake Lake Whites and One small lake trout I got last spring.