PDA

View Full Version : Where to access Lac La Nonne

FishinAB
01-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Hi,
First post here. I used to ice fish pretty regularly when I lived in the Hinton area, but am now in Edmonton and looking to try some new waters. Was going to take the boys to Lac La Nonne today, so hoping someone can give me a quick response. I'm not sure where the access(es) to the lake is, can someone give me advice on the best way to drive in? Thanks in advance.
Ken

waiting41
01-11-2015, 10:00 AM
West on hyw 651, turn left at connie may's store....goes straigt onto lake

Sundancefisher
01-11-2015, 10:25 AM

http://itouchmap.com/?p=53.93344,-114.31879&mt=Lac%20la%20Nonne,%20Canada

I usually fished near the creek on the south side of the lake. Had some phenomenal pike fishing there.

FishinAB
01-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys, I was able to check on my way out the door. Got in about 5 hours of fishing, but no luck. Had a couple of Pike up to the hole, but not in the tent. I see a lot of shacks to the right off the point when you first drive in... do the locals know best?

Wild&Free
01-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys, I was able to check on my way out the door. Got in about 5 hours of fishing, but no luck. Had a couple of Pike up to the hole, but not in the tent. I see a lot of shacks to the right off the point when you first drive in... do the locals know best?

they congregate for a reason imo.

flint guy
01-11-2015, 11:05 PM
they congregate for a reason imo.

The guy in the middle shack has the beer :bad_boys_20:

Wild&Free
01-12-2015, 03:13 PM
The guy in the middle shack has the beer :bad_boys_20:

good point. I'll stay away from that shack.

EZM
01-12-2015, 05:07 PM
... do the locals know best?

loaded question ..... let me paint you a scenario that says "NO"

I led a group of 4 vehicles to a new part of the lake nobody has ice fished before. Saw a couple shacks set up by the "locals" ..... so set up at the same depth between them. 4 tents, 4 trucks, 2 shacks ..... must be a good spot right? .......... nope.

A half hour we are there, and more people start coming onto the ice, see 2 shacks, 4 tents and 4 trucks in one area ......... must be a good spot right? ....... nope

more people come along .... holy crap .... must be a great spot ....

20 minutes later ...... another 2 trucks come onto the ice and see 2 shacks, now 10 tents, and 6 vehicles .......... fishing must be hot over there right? ... nope.

What's the moral of the story ..... locals dropped their shacks in a poor place? We thought locals knew best?

Nope - moral of the story is locals are smarter than we are ...... clearly they set up fake shacks in a lousy area to attract us city folks. And having set the bait .... by 11 am there were 12 groups of city slickers fishing a dead flat area of the lake. Sneaky locals !!!!!

linger
01-12-2015, 05:18 PM
I remember one fella said i could put my shack on top of that hill and they would still follow me.:)

Lildog
01-12-2015, 08:22 PM

Made me think of old Bob Lynes

FishinAB
01-13-2015, 12:17 AM
.... by 11 am there were 12 groups of city slickers fishing a dead flat area of the lake. Sneaky locals !!!!!

LOL...And that guy fishing out of his pickup was the local guy.

I might give it another shot this weekend. Should be nice weather... That is unless someone will give up a good place to get some decent sized perch. Man, I sure miss knowing all of my old local hotspots, but Hinton is just too far of a drive to fish for a day.