PDA

View Full Version : CVR White Fish

d bowhunter
01-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Has anyone had any luck with the Whites there been told they get over ten pounds in there, i see alot on the flasher but no luck with a white fish set up.

slough shark
01-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Never seen water alert enough to sight fish for them there so I have never bothered, I know there are some there but I'd have to be able to see them to target them.

Hueston
01-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Been fishing there for a long time never seen one

Habfan
01-12-2015, 09:12 AM
I use to have a seasonal site there and although I've never seen any caught or any on camera while ice fishing I have seen 2 dead floating and they were around the 10 lb mark !!

Fishslayer99
01-12-2015, 04:11 PM
I use to have a seasonal site there and although I've never seen any caught or any on camera while ice fishing I have seen 2 dead floating and they were around the 10 lb mark !!

Saw one floating three years ago, they do bloat up with gas so they look bigger but have to agree with Habfan, close to 10lb

calgarygringo
01-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Fished there for years and people always ask if perch in there. Everyone always said no and we never used to see any in the summer but on the fish cam in the winter we used to get the odd one visiting. Now they are all over. I would bet the same on whites is happening now. With the shrimp population in there I bet they are well fed too.

d bowhunter
01-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I spoke with a biologist who has been there several time when they have netted it, he said largest was 13lbs and more than one. So my question is where are they i have only seen them once just before dark a large school was rising 20 yards from the boat. In the morning i see a lot on the flasher mostly on the bottom but there are some suspended still nothing, i would think if there is that many in there someone has to get lucky and catch one there like a ghost.

Habfan
01-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Fished there for years and people always ask if perch in there. Everyone always said no and we never used to see any in the summer but on the fish cam in the winter we used to get the odd one visiting. Now they are all over. I would bet the same on whites is happening now. With the shrimp population in there I bet they are well fed too.

Yes they are well fed, that's how they get big !