PDA

View Full Version : Perch and Whitefish

Steve51
01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
So i have done all my research and it seems wire worms are the best way to catch whites and perch. Now this is going to be a noob questions but how to you work a wire worm. lol getting it to sink and all. Do you tie it up your line a bit with a weight attached? Any help would be awesome.

Wild&Free
01-12-2015, 02:05 PM
I'd put a small split shot about 18" above the hook.

Everything I've seen on here about using a wire worm says to make sure it's perpendicular to your line. Hook sits horizontal, while line is vertical. Tipped with a maggot or two for good measure.

good luck.

Steve51
01-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Sweet appreciate it bud. Always just fish for pike and walleye and its time to switch it up.

Bigmountainrider
01-12-2015, 02:13 PM
I think this is a great question for Whites- I would also like to know. Maybe Speckle will chime in here as he seems to be the white fish master. As for perch- they are agressivethey like things moving and bouncing, they also like bait. When you locate them jig for them. It will pobably produce better than a wire worm. Note: both species tend to travel at different depths.

silverdoctor
01-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Wire worm as in the fly we used for nymphing the bow?

I've never targetted whites before, but I'd like to... Particular sizes?

Steve51
01-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Yes i do believe its the same wire worm. Sounds like red is the best color as well.

binnzer32
01-12-2015, 03:06 PM
If you need a weight your fishing too deep. Feel free to text me. 780 713 1514. I can help you out.

Mike

So i have done all my research and it seems wire worms are the best way to catch whites and perch. Now this is going to be a noob questions but how to you work a wire worm. lol getting it to sink and all. Do you tie it up your line a bit with a weight attached? Any help would be awesome.

Fishslayer99
01-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Use 4lb test line and you don't need a weight. I will jig up from the bottom in small movements a few feet and let it slowly fall back down. don't let the line go slack on the way down, they like to hit it on the drop. Good luck!

lambski
01-12-2015, 04:21 PM
your representing a bloodworm, fish love em!