PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Jan.14

waterninja
01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
So, what with this and that, and also the very cold temps recently, didn't get a chance to get much ice fishing this season yet, but finally got out to Gull on Wed. with Kim473. Drove in at brownlows around 8 am. Very easy drive onto lake because of all the traffic coming and going. That sure is one busy lake. Ice was 22" thick. Beautifull weather, Sunny, no wind and went up to 10 above. Was a liitle disappointed in how cloudy the water is. Visibility very poor.
Fishing was slow, but between us we iced 3 Pike, 5 perch and a burbot. Kim is still talking about the white that spit his hook. lol

FreshAirGetter
01-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Nice catches! Kim shouldn't feel too bad about the white...he makes up for it with his perch!

chris1
01-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Good job. Ernest

Bigwoodsman
01-15-2015, 11:08 AM
Awesome Job Fellows!

I hope to get on there this weekend. Looking for a couple of Burbot after following the burbot recipe thread.

BW

CanadianBadass
01-15-2015, 12:12 PM
So, what with this and that, and also the very cold temps recently, didn't get a chance to get much ice fishing this season yet, but finally got out to Gull on Wed. with Kim473. Drove in at brownlows around 8 am. Very easy drive onto lake because of all the traffic coming and going. That sure is one busy lake. Ice was 22" thick. Beautifull weather, Sunny, no wind and went up to 10 above. Was a liitle disappointed in how cloudy the water is. Visibility very poor.
Fishing was slow, but between us we iced 3 Pike, 5 perch and a burbot. Kim is still talking about the white that spit his hook. lol

Congrats Ernest ! Nice to see you got out ! BTW That Deer was absolutely amazing ! see ya out there !

Fishslayer99
01-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Looks like it was still a successful day at Gull, great job!

FishinAB
01-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Just got back from Gull today. (Jan. 15th). Took my two young boys along. They had a blast. We only landed 5 nice perch and a pike, but both of them caught fish.

My youngest set his rod down for 2 seconds and was about to go out for a pee when a jack pulled his rod in. I then hooked the jack on my line and pulled the rod and the jack up in my hole... lucky retrieval !!

Missed a LUNKER of a jack that took my hook too.

All in all a good day. Water is pretty murky. Ice is nice and thick. No wind today. No sign of whites in the shallower water.

Kim473
01-16-2015, 04:27 AM
Nice catches! Kim shouldn't feel too bad about the white...he makes up for it with his perch!

I do feel very bad, that white took three swipes at my hook and I still missed him. My bad.

Was nice getting out with you waterninja, I had a good time. Your eats were very good. Thanks.

Gonna wait for another month or so for the whites, maybe the water will clear up a little by then. It's perch time for me till then. Still gotta fill the walleye tags too.

Fishike
01-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Nice pics! Congrats on your catches! I miss frieds burbot...mmm

super mario
01-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Great job

fordtruckin
01-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Nice perch!! Glad you had a successful outing!!!

Rafter1
01-17-2015, 01:32 AM
I was at Brownlows yesterday with the grandkids. The granddaughter caught an 8 pound pike (her first pike----just a couple of small rainbows before) you wouldnt believe the excitement----she was pretty excited too.