PDA

View Full Version : Screw Ice Fishing

dodger
01-15-2015, 06:26 PM
All of the Flyers are starting to come in with the summer gear. Getting ready to install my IPilot and as soon as the ice is off my favorite lakes I'm going out and record my tracks. This weekend I'm cleaning up the tackle box and repairing the Rattlin Raps.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL I CAN START SLAMMIN OPEN WATER PIKE!!

Dodger.

SKSniper
01-15-2015, 06:30 PM
All of the Flyers are starting to come in with the summer gear. Getting ready to install my IPilot and as soon as the ice is off my favorite lakes I'm going out and record my tracks. This weekend I'm cleaning up the tackle box and repairing the Rattlin Raps.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL I CAN START SLAMMIN OPEN WATER PIKE!!

Dodger.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say "screw" ice fishing but I am really looking forward to being out in the boat again and sitting on the river bank.
Only 4 months til open water season!!!!!

dodger
01-15-2015, 06:35 PM
I stand by my word 😈😳

Even Wayne who is slamming Pike and Walleye threw the ice everyday deep down will be wanting to get on the river for spring Sturgeon.

Dodger.

Clueless
01-15-2015, 07:02 PM
I stand by my word 😈😳

Even Wayne who is slamming Pike and Walleye threw the ice everyday deep down will be wanting to get on the river for spring Sturgeon.

Dodger.
A fish is a fish and yes i'd be extatic to head out on the water a nail a few monsters my patience is not great enough to wait till then. So ill continue to get my fix one icey hole at a time.
Ill take slow ice fishing over no fishing at all.

dodger
01-15-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm good at cheering the icer fisher people from the comfort of my home. The fireplace is on and my dog is curled up at my feet.

Dodger.

GTZ
01-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Call me crazy but I almost prefer ice fishing :thinking-006:

Winch101
01-15-2015, 07:26 PM
:jawsmiley:

Someone dial Fish 1 1

Clueless
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm good at cheering the icer fisher people from the comfort of my home. The fireplace is on and my dog is curled up at my feet.

Dodger.
Get ready to cheer
There's a brown trout withmy name on it
����������������������

EZM
01-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Fishing from the boat is far less work for sure ....... I am enjoying the ice season ..... but definitely can't wait for open water.

Redneck 7
01-15-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm already itching to get the kayak out in the lake and start pulling in walleye. Even to watch my girlfriend pull in fish, her reaction is the best. Just beautiful out on the water in the canoe getting to our fishing spots.

But I am planning on going out Saturday to fill my walleye tags at Lac St. Anne. I sure will enjoy it, even if it is a quad ride with the gear. Good luck to everyone ice fishing this weekend or staying in.

waterninja
01-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Fishing from the boat is far less work for sure ....... I am enjoying the ice season ..... but definitely can't wait for open water.
What an interesting comment. Do you really think fishing open water is less work then hard water? I don't believe one is easier then the other, because I think that both have thier advantages and disadvantages. It would be interesting to list the good and bad points of each, and also get a good sample of opinions as to whether people prefer hard water to open and reasons why.
IMHO I think the OP is missing out on some great fishing by not hitting hard water, but I can also see why a lot of people prefer to stay indoors in the winter.
Either way I think the title of this thread is a little harsh.

Gboe8
01-15-2015, 09:53 PM
This is the first year I've gone ice fishing in a few and just having a blast I don't want it to end.

EZM
01-15-2015, 10:02 PM
What an interesting comment. Do you really think fishing open water is less work then hard water? I don't believe one is easier then the other, because I think that both have thier advantages and disadvantages. It would be interesting to list the good and bad points of each, and also get a good sample of opinions as to whether people prefer hard water to open and reasons why.
IMHO I think the OP is missing out on some great fishing by not hitting hard water, but I can also see why a lot of people prefer to stay indoors in the winter.
Either way I think the title of this thread is a little harsh.

The reason open water is easier really because my gear stays in the boat and the boats in the garage. Fill the cooler and hook it up and go to the lake .... I'm fishing literally 45 minutes later leaving from my driveway.

I can also go fishing after work and stay out until dark.

Summer also is the time we take a few trips with the boys and go to BC, SK, MB or somewhere else on a couple annual trips that are always fun.

Summer is when the kids want to go fishing and skiing .... that's always nice too.

On the other hand ....

Ice fishing is great .... don't get me wrong .... but when it's cold and there's a breeze .... the 15-20 minutes of snot dripping cold while you get the spot sorted out the test holes, the fishing holes, tent, heater, camera, set is work.

Then tear it all down at the end of the day and pack it up ..... snot dripping again .... lol.

It is pretty cool, on those days where the weather is great to cook up some food on the ice, watch the fish on the camera and sit around telling lies.

Both are pretty good ...... open water is better for me.

dodger
01-16-2015, 04:45 AM
Either way I think the title of this thread is a little harsh.[/QUOTE]

It's all in good fun.

When it get's to this time of year my head gets a little goofy as I start thinking about getting the boat out onto a lake and enjoying a full day of fishing.

Dodger.