PDA

View Full Version : Nakamun?

fisherkarin
01-15-2015, 06:43 PM
Taking a drive out tomorrow to just see how things are... not expecting much but really do hope the lake is showing a growth
Has anyone been out? Perch will doubt be small but hopefully we can all give them a couple years so they'll have a chance to grow to a respectable size. I'll post ice thickness, and if the camera shows any activity under water :)
If any fellow fishers have updates, would be wonderful to share :)

Tight Lines Everyone!

Jamie Black R/T
01-16-2015, 09:49 AM
I havent heard any promising reports yet....i see tents out there still from time to time though

let us know!

silverdoctor
01-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Do let us know, Nakamun used to be a fun lake to get kids out fishing. I drove out on the ice last year, talked to a few guys on different spots on the lake, they weren't seeing anything on cam or getting bites. Be nice to see it come back.

CBintheNorth
01-16-2015, 11:07 PM
Couple of guys coming off the lake last week figured it's totally dead.
A few of the locals are saying the same thing.
Not sure if they'll even stock it again as this will be twice in 4 years.
Tragic. Was a great little lake.

fisherkarin
01-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Well the weather was decent...punched some holes at different depths and areas. Spent about 3 hrs on the ice and saw quite alot little perch (3-6") and 4 pike. Perch and the pike were very active - good sign :)
I would support a 'zero limit' on the lake for a couple or three years to give it a chance to come back..bit drastic maybe, but I totally believe the lake really needs a good chance to re-juvenate itself :)

chriscosta
01-18-2015, 09:15 PM
This is amazing news .. i grew up at the lake and remember it being unbelievable at times ...and some very impressive fish back then.

Sooner
01-19-2015, 09:15 AM
One of the lakes in the area where most have fished it and seen the boom and bust cycles of perch repeat over and over. Good to hear the little buggers are still in there, means it will come back again. Then bust. Is it water levels, O2 issues in the winter that make it such a yo yo lake for the perch?

NFTrapper
01-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Was out on Saturday. Only group on the lake. No truck tracks at all. I pulled a sleigh and drilled a few holes. Was there for a little over 1 hour and never had a bit. Saw nothing on the camera but it only a cheap one so can go on that. The kids lost interest and then we left.

Basically fished in the same spot where 2 years ago you could catch dozens of small perch. Not much for the plate, but great fun for my young kids. I will be looking elsewhere next weekend.

Battery
01-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Caught my first ever fish out of Nakamun when I was 3 years old with my parents visiting family up in Edmonton, 22 years later and I still haven't gone back to try it out.

chriscosta
01-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Lol caught my first fish here too ...likely around the same age