PDA

View Full Version : Fishing aint easy!

lambski
01-15-2015, 08:15 PM
I moved from Hinton to Olds and finally got out to check out some of the lakes in the area, i got fish but not what im used to. It is exciting to hit up new lakes but i am finding it to be a real challenge to find quality fish. Nice to get out none the less, Rome wasnt built in a day i guess.:angry3:

Jamie Black R/T
01-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Most important thing with finding quality fishing is putting in the time exploring. ...but a very close second is making friends with those that have already done it :)

It will come...give it time

FreshAirGetter
01-16-2015, 09:09 AM
I disagree...fishing seems easy for everyone else. Just not me!

wags
01-16-2015, 09:16 AM
I disagree...fishing seems easy for everyone else. Just not me!

Says the guy with 30+ fish already! :)

FreshAirGetter
01-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Haha well I've been out a few times already...and jacks barely count. I was actually going for Whites, so in that sense I'm skunked this year! Plus most guys catch them every day by the batch, from lakers to browns! lol

lambski
01-16-2015, 09:59 AM
In Hinton u tell me what species, how many, size, done deal. I like to find lakes off the beaten trail so I hiked into one on wed and had minimal success, i never did find what i was looking for. Yesterday i went to Burntstick and got small perch biggest ones being 8". Both lakes have potential and ill be going back. Hard water makes breaking down a lake a little tough when u have never been there before, seen 3 wolves on the way to burntstick which was pretty cool. Feel free to pm me about any lakes u think might be worth while.:sHa_shakeshout: