PDA

View Full Version : Lac St.Cyr?

xxclaro
01-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Anyone ice fish this lake. Want to try it for perch, but have people telling me its not safe to ice fish because St.Paul gets its water there and that creates dangerous conditions. Wondering if this is true? Really would like to catch perch, and its close by but not willing to risk my neck for it.

font270
01-19-2015, 01:51 AM
Yes there is thin ice but it is in front of the cabins. They usually put signs up but I have not been there for a few years. If u keep going east about 5 minutes there is another lake on south side of highway. Much better perch fishing there. Have gone out quite a few times and have limited out quite quickly. Just check the regs for daily limits. I usually fish it during the week as there was close to one hundred vehicles out there on Saturday. Pm me and I can give you more details regarding both lakes

Kim473
01-19-2015, 05:12 AM
St.Paul gets its water from the Therion lakes. Just east of St.Cyr is stoney lake, perch in there. Chicken hill NE of st.Paul has Perch, Kahiwan has good Perch if you can find them. Lots of lakes in that area have great fishing.

huntingaddict
01-19-2015, 09:35 AM
St. Paul get water from Saskatchewan river that is pumped to lac st cyr before reaching St paul. There is perch in there but not as consistant as Stoney. If you fish there be more aware of where you park because all the idiots that go down there and use the boat launch as a Bon fire area. Nails guset plates an old car seat pallets. They'll burn anything there. Disgusting what my fellow men and women do to our recreational areas. Or all the Mennonites that think it's there private campground

xxclaro
01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Good info, thanks guys. I heard that chickenhill used to produce as well, so I will try to get out there soon and see if anythings biting.

Kim473
01-20-2015, 09:20 AM
I know someone that pulled a white from there years back, and it was close to the 7 lb mark. She had it mounted. Very large. Not sure what the lake is like now? From google earth, the water level is very,very low now. Let me know if the perch are of any size still or are they stunted at the 6" size.