PDA

View Full Version : Jaw Jacker Brown Trout

Brandonkop
01-19-2015, 01:58 AM
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zm0iv75y9E

Ice Fishing Canmore Alberta at the beautiful Quarry lake just outside of town in search of Grayling. Had a great surprise though as my Jaw Jacker went off and the fish started peeling drag. I thought I was tangled up with a monster grayling, but when that fish flashed under the hole something wasn't quite right with the color pattern. This was a Brown Trout! My first brown trout through the ice. Outfished by the Jaw Jacker again. Caught on a small olive scud. Caught and released to enjoy another day. What a great morning in the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains!

Habfan
01-19-2015, 08:41 AM
I was out fished 8-2 by the jawjacker on Saturday, all small pike !

EZM
01-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Remember to keep an eye patch handy when playing around the jaw jacker .... sooner or later you will need it. lol.

Nice job .....

Game Hunter
01-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Remember to keep an eye patch handy when playing around the jaw jacker .... sooner or later you will need it. lol.

Nice job .....

Agreed indeed. One of our guys got taken down Saturday by the jj.
He is also a big guy. :) play safe

Brandonkop
01-19-2015, 01:43 PM

Nice job .....

Haha... yeah I've been taken out before but I have it figured out now I always keep my hand on the trigger so it can't accidentally be set off when I am near. No mishaps since I've started doing this.

Fishslayer99
01-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Brandon,

very nice bonus fish, love the markings on it, very dark. Classy move to release it as well. You post some great vids and I love watching them, hats off to you man well done!

HRFisher
01-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Brandon,

very nice bonus fish, love the markings on it, very dark. Classy move to release it as well. You post some great vids and I love watching them, hats off to you man well done!

x2 .... now that's double the incentive to hit up Quarry Lake next open water season!

chain2
01-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Always enjoy the quality your vids, also your excitement caught on camera is genuine...very nice fish btw congrats:) chain

Survivorman
01-19-2015, 07:55 PM
This is the first I've heard of the jaw jacker, looks awesome! They are sold out so I'm gonna try and rig one up myself for the remainder of this season. Great catch as well!

huntsfurfish
01-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Not sure of your location, but Bass Pro in Calgary has/had a bunch as of last thursday.

Burbotism
01-20-2015, 03:24 PM
This is the first I've heard of the jaw jacker, looks awesome! They are sold out so I'm gonna try and rig one up myself for the remainder of this season. Great catch as well!

Tons at Cabelas North and South Edm

Brandonkop
01-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Always enjoy the quality your vids, also your excitement caught on camera is genuine...very nice fish btw congrats:) chain

Thanks... fishing gets me excited. Can't hide it.

Yeah jaw Jackers are great.... for your extra rod.

McLeod
01-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Fish Fairy !

Andrew
01-23-2015, 02:09 PM
beautiful buck brownie, and awesome to see it swim another day

Really dig your videos my friend!

Andrew