PDA

View Full Version : when you try to buy and

when you try to buy and
03-31-2007, 10:49 PM
whats the deal when you try to buy a gun at a store and the shop dude calls into CFC and gets back a , "referal" and cannot sell the person the gun. And then tells you that it has to wait until monday for the provincial to review it as the federal was only open on the weekend???

no criminal record, no previous probs, like wtf???????????

Rackmastr
03-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Often times its for the firearm that is getting referred I've found. Can happen with used guns more often from what I've seen. Not a big deal, but kinda annoying.

gun
03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
this was at Wholesale sports. buying two new guns, not used, was very embarassing, as people looked at me like i was some kind of criminal for not being allowed a new firearm that day.:|

varmitr
03-31-2007, 11:03 PM
i had that once near the inception of the program, it turned out to be a 'clerical error', or something stupid that they refused to disclose to me...talk about imbarassing at the till, try not to let it bug ya...and remember its all for YOUR saftey,
LOLOLOL

HUNTNUT
04-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Buddy of mine always had the same trouble-turns out there was another guy with the same name-(differant middle) that had a criminal record. After a couple of phone calls he got this straightened out.

jrs
04-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I've never heard of that, i've always been able to get my guns within an hour or so of purchase (usually waiting for firearm center to pick up phone). The only one that took a full hour was the result of a very rude lady on the other end with a very strong accent (hard to understand). She hung up on us and we had to start over. The next person was much easier to understand and seemed more friendly! Too bad the system failed on you, guesse its another reason to :evil scrap the registry :evil

Dick284
04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Yup it happened to me a couple of times too often to be coincidence.
After some interesting info supplied by Phil at P&D and a couple of calls to the CFC, and their usual song and dance and half answers, I contacted my MP's office and after a couple of calls, voila, I get a call from the CFO himself, and after my insisting they remove the FIP(Fireams Intrest Person) tag from CPIC surrounding my name before I involve my lawyer and persue a defimation suit. It was done. Apparently the SQ in Qubec only enter first and last names of people who have prohibition orders against them, no DOB, No middle name just your first and last name, like WTF.
Get hold of the CFC, and be prepared to be BS'd to the max, but remember you gotta stay cool and polite, and then call your MP's office and raise all mighty cain with them, let them do the ugly work, and remember if you have any improper information about you in CPIC you and a good lawyer can make hay with the no minds who entered said information.

osterb
04-04-2007, 08:33 PM
It has to do with guns or the person being red flagged. CFO's have been feeling the need to show their employment importance by pulling these types of shinanigans. Low serial numbers, multiple guns with that serial number etc.

Beauracracy, a beautiful thing.