PDA

View Full Version : Perch fishing gone wrong!

Tigger72
01-20-2015, 10:20 AM
http://youtu.be/VvtaMG1zDtg
from this past Sunday... Unedited .... A little lengthy but nice fish that went back down the hole strictly to breed!!! ;) A light rod 8lb line no leader single hook ....and a little luck

1bluZebec
01-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Nice job!

Stinky Buffalo
01-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Almost needed a bigger hole for that one! :lol:

Well done.

silverdoctor
01-20-2015, 11:35 AM
Love it, laughed out loud when the pike came up. Great job!

waterninja
01-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Thats great. Surprised that pike didn't break the leaderless perch line. Very good job playing that fish, but I kept expecting the line to snap and whack your partner in the face as he was bent over staring down the hole. The kids sure were excited. Great story to tell mom. Well done.
Did you end up catching any perch?

EZM
01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Cool Video.

Every pike I caught, using 4lb mono with no leader, on Sunday, required a re-tie of my line ..... they were beginning to tick me off.

Seems like the smaller the Pike - the more of a mess they make rolling around like a crocodile on a death roll. One poor pike left wearing my micro Rapala rattling crank bait as a new lip ring. Looks good on him.

Brandonkop
01-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Awesome pike! Excellent video

EZM
01-20-2015, 09:17 PM
One little tip .... you can hook the scale to the gripper ring - I do that so it's easy (and quicker) to get on and off ...... and the pike can't steal your scale. lol.

Wild&Free
01-21-2015, 12:57 AM
Beauty!

Thanks for sharing.

Talking moose
01-21-2015, 01:15 AM
Nice perch!!!!

JohninAB
01-21-2015, 05:06 AM
I would take a gone wrong like that when perch fishing.nice pike and video, congrats.

chriscosta
01-21-2015, 06:52 AM
One little tip .... you can hook the scale to the gripper ring - I do that so it's easy (and quicker) to get on and off ...... and the pike can't steal your scale. lol.

I wanted to mention this trick but i didnt wanna sound like a know it all ...my boga grips weigh the fish but if your lip grippers dont this is an awesome way ..tip number two ...tie them grippers to something loldont want them down the hole either ...excellent teamwork and what a nice pike for gull..good on you for piutin it back ..good karma fishing points are the best ...toght lines and thx for posting this awesome vid :)

Tigger72
01-21-2015, 08:47 AM
So in hind sight..... (Always 20/20) ... I don't own a lip gripper....and as you saw in the video it was brand new right out of the package!! Well that handy dandy little thing has a scale built right in... What a great idea ... lol !!.. Live an learn!!

CK Angler
01-21-2015, 12:11 PM
Nice! Love the kids getting supper excited in the background! Haha good job

Brandon5555
01-22-2015, 04:33 PM
I was jigging for perch at Mcgregor this weekend in about 6 feet of water, didnt see a single perch, had 4 white fish come in and look at it, and had 5 pike hit it but only managed to get 3 in. Keep in mind leaderless and with my smallest jighead with a rubber nymph body. I had a spreader on my Automatic fisherman with some greasy smelt chunks about 10 feet away. but they only wanted the perch hook.

EZM
01-22-2015, 04:37 PM
I wanted to mention this trick but i didnt wanna sound like a know it all ...my boga grips weigh the fish but if your lip grippers dont this is an awesome way ..tip number two ...tie them grippers to something loldont want them down the hole either ...excellent teamwork and what a nice pike for gull..good on you for piutin it back ..good karma fishing points are the best ...toght lines and thx for posting this awesome vid :)

Yeah .... me to ........ er .......... wait .....:)