PDA

View Full Version : Scary surprise in the ice hole

Talking moose
01-21-2015, 12:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=738719856223829&id=644982085597607

EZM
01-21-2015, 12:57 PM
We had a muskrat visit our hole (in the tent) a half dozen times a few weeks ago at South Buck.

It did provide me with a good excuse as to why fishing was so slow ..... "muskrats scare fish away" .....

linger
01-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Nothing worse then when one of those little buggers come out of the hole when your napping in your ice tent on a warm day.:)

Northwinds
01-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Last tuesday while feeding trout,I had a mink come up the hole and onto my boot.Ever see a overweight middle age dude with his ankles above his ears squealing like a little girl??? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

shakeyleg02
01-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Last tuesday while feeding trout,I had a mink come up the hole and onto my boot.Ever see a overweight middle age dude with his ankles above his ears squealing like a little girl??? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Lmao. Some funny chit right there ...thanx

CK Angler
01-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Haha had a muskrat come up the hole last year, scared the crapped outta me!!

flint guy
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Witnessed a weasel jump out of an anchor locker on a boat, never thought critters would come out of the ice. Thanks for sharing It made me and the missus laugh.

EZM
01-21-2015, 09:00 PM
There were three of us in the tent when the muskrat came up right in front of my buddy (this was the first visit so we were not expecting it) and he screamed and started flapping his arms like he was trying to fly away. He looked like a little girl.

I missed seeing the muskrat but turned my head just in time to see him try to take flight flapping his wings.

What makes it funnier is he's in law enforcement ....... so seeing a tough guy wet himself was pretty funny.

JohninAB was over visiting us (peeking in the door when it happened) and TrophyPikeHunter was sitting accros from him laughing at him.

I won't mention any names ...... but he's a forum member ...... lol

Hopefully he doesn't read this and kick my butt next time we go out.

EZM
01-21-2015, 09:07 PM
There were three of us in the tent when the muskrat came up right in front of my buddy (this was the first visit so we were not expecting it) and he screamed and started flapping his arms like he was trying to fly away. He looked like a little girl.

I missed seeing the muskrat but turned my head just in time to see him try to take flight flapping his wings.

What makes it funnier is he's in law enforcement ....... so seeing a tough guy wet himself was pretty funny.

JohninAB was over visiting us (peeking in the door when it happened) and TrophyPikeHunter was sitting accros from him laughing at him.

I won't mention any names ...... but he's a forum member ...... lol

Hopefully he doesn't read this and kick my butt next time we go out.

His name is ROD on the forum BTW .... lol ...... couldn't resist .......

SamSteele
01-22-2015, 09:17 AM
When I was younger I remember a lot of guys cutting big holes in the ice (2'x3' or bigger). My grandfather told the story of a guy who was in a tent with a big hole like that. He had his yellow lab with him when a muskrat popped up the hole. The dog dove in after the muskrat and went under the ice. Of course the owner was in a panic thinking his dog was going to drown.

All of a sudden a guy came flying out of a tent nearby. The dog came up and out of a large hole in his tent and scared the crap out of him!

SS

Talking moose
01-22-2015, 12:43 PM
When I was younger I remember a lot of guys cutting big holes in the ice (2'x3' or bigger). My grandfather told the story of a guy who was in a tent with a big hole like that. He had his yellow lab with him when a muskrat popped up the hole. The dog dove in after the muskrat and went under the ice. Of course the owner was in a panic thinking his dog was going to drown.

All of a sudden a guy came flying out of a tent nearby. The dog came up and out of a large hole in his tent and scared the crap out of him!

SS

Lol.... That!!!! Would be a sight!!!!