PDA

View Full Version : First flasher / Lx7

snowman93
01-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Looking at getting my first flasher this week , done a ton of reading . Basically come down to the lx7 . Was set on a bird 55 first and found some great reviews and then some bad . Whats everyones take on the high end flashers worth the money , or just as well to go with a middle of the road one . I always see people upgrading after a year with an entry level . Want to do it right the first time and cant wait to get out with one .

Rafter1
01-22-2015, 05:40 PM
I have had the lx7 for 2 years now and I love it. The only regret I have is not buying the lx9 at the time I bought the lx7 for $350.00 more. Its not that big of a regret.

Jamie Black R/T
01-22-2015, 07:29 PM
I bought the lx9....no regrets....never use the camera and the LX7 would have bee fine....but i have it in the off chance i want to set it up.

RavYak
01-22-2015, 08:00 PM
I like the LX-7 if you get the open water transducer and use it on your boat in summer otherwise I would personally just go with LX-5. Longer battery life, less things to go wrong/act up and cheaper. Only real advantage of a LX-7 is the sonar view but I don't feel it is necessary.

Burbotism
01-22-2015, 09:12 PM
I prefer Vex cuz they are reliable, just my 2 cents :)

Alberta Bigbore
01-22-2015, 09:12 PM
I bought a Vexilar FLX28 over the LX7 with no regrets

crf250xtom
01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
I prefer Vex cuz they are reliable, just my 2 cents :)

How could you say they are more reliable then marcum? That's a pretty bold statement do you have any info to back up these claims.

Burbotism
01-23-2015, 11:29 AM
How could you say they are more reliable then marcum? That's a pretty bold statement do you have any info to back up these claims.

MR. Google can help you.

-JR-
01-23-2015, 11:36 AM
I have been using the Lx7 last 3 years. You get like 3 different sonars in this unit .
flasher,sonar graph, and sonar bars.

I only use the one . The other two I never use .
So you pay twice as much for this just to find which sonar you like.
The question you should ask yourself is which sonar do you like.
Flasher or Graph ?

Jamie Black R/T
01-23-2015, 03:15 PM
I have been using the Lx7 last 3 years. You get like 3 different sonars in this unit .
flasher,sonar graph, and sonar bars.

I only use the one . The other two I never use .
So you pay twice as much for this just to find which sonar you like.
The question you should ask yourself is which sonar do you like.
Flasher or Graph ?

this is true if you fish the same lake...or type of lake every time you go out.

i like the sonar bars for perch...flasher for lakers....graph for walleye and open water.

If you travel and fish different lakes and species they each have benefits.

Willowtrail
01-23-2015, 06:04 PM
I have the LX7 and love it. Been a couple years now. Love the different screen settings.

Note, don't buy the summer transducer. They arent the greatest on the open water as I used it on mine last year. Give you a deal on mine if you want it.

You will really like this unit. Good luck

RavYak
01-23-2015, 06:17 PM
I have the LX7 and love it. Been a couple years now. Love the different screen settings.

Note, don't buy the summer transducer. They arent the greatest on the open water as I used it on mine last year. Give you a deal on mine if you want it.

You will really like this unit. Good luck

You are way too critical of that transducer lol, I wish my Humminbird 987 was as nice to read as your LX7.