PDA

View Full Version : brownlows slow today...

happyfisher
01-23-2015, 08:40 PM
Caught a few small perch and a NICE perch all day. Saw pike nothing else.

Im straight out from the boat launch in about 15 FOW.

Im gunna move my shack and was thinking Wilsons beach? Or maybe just move it more to the east inside brownlows,.....away from the crowds? what FOW should i be at?

I wanna target whites and pike....or anything ...lol

Question...can i pull my shack from brownlows to wilson?

I want to be on the south side....never been to aspen.....Dont need any secret locations...just a starter....

Thanks if u can help a bit..:love0025:

Happy

Kim473
01-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Move the shack but I would stay in the Brownlows area myself. Move slightly shallower. I would move to the left or out to the first point area.

7magtime
01-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Not related but just wondering, where is the best place to access Brownlowes?

coors04
01-24-2015, 11:43 AM
I would drive to Wilsons first and inspect the access. I s told there a ice heave right at the access making it either hard to get on or not possible. I would go straight east of where you in closer to the big point. There's good amount of pike that way and some whites. 12 FOW is worth a try.

7magtime
01-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I heard there is a big group get together out there this weekend. Any truth to that?

EZM
01-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I heard there is a big group get together out there this weekend. Any truth to that?

Yup ..... every weekend ...... hundreds of people there.

7magtime
01-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Yup ..... every weekend ...... hundreds of people there.

Yup I have heard that as well. This was an online organized event as I recall....

Bigwoodsman
01-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Went out to Brownlowes on Saturday never had a nibble. We got out there midday and stayed till past sundown. Put up with the usual shinanigans of a croweded area. Still better then a day in the office!

BW

fish gunner
01-25-2015, 11:49 AM
No where near brownlows but steady perch all day sat , ling occasionally, one pike. Today steady pike and one ling. Wilsons access is poor but safe. Tricky access with a 3'pressure ridge just off shore. Not quite as active today.