PDA

View Full Version : Positive RCMP Encounter

waterninja
01-25-2015, 10:26 AM
So I was fishing Lac St. Anne saturday. Parked my ranger on the road and pulled my sled onto ice. First line in at 3:30 PM and bs'd with other anglers. People had been there all day and nothing biting. I had planned to fish into the evening as past experiance has taught me the fish become active after dark. around 7 PM the bite was on. It was overcast and completly pitch dark when a vehicle pulled up right behind my truck. Armed with my ice scoop I walked back to truck to see whats up. Police flashers came on and it turns out that RCMP had been called because I was the only vehicle left on the road. Someone was worried I might have fallen through ice. Police officer was very polite and friendly and after asking my name (he must have run the plates allready) he asked me how the fishing was and wished me luck. I think he was just glad he didn't have to walk out onto the ice to look for me. lol
The bite turned on from around 7-8:30 PM and I iced 6 pike and 9 walleye but every one was to big to use my B class tags, all over 50 cm.
It was nice to know that someone might come to check on me if I hadn't left after 9 pm like I told officer I was planning to do.
Always amasse's me how well fish can see at night.

67ZL1
01-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Kudos to the person that called them also.

elk eater
01-25-2015, 09:30 PM
The bite turned on from around 7-8:30 PM and I iced 6 pike and 9 walleye but every one was to big to use my B class tags, all over 50 cm.
Always amasse's me how well fish can see at night.

Good to here they checked on you and good on the person who had the concern to report it. Doesn't have to be falling trough the ice to put anyone in danger accidents happen. The bonus part is with posting your succsess you had on your night fishing I am sure u will soon be joined by many others.:sign0161:

waterninja
01-26-2015, 04:41 AM
Good to here they checked on you and good on the person who had the concern to report it. Doesn't have to be falling trough the ice to put anyone in danger accidents happen. The bonus part is with posting your succsess you had on your night fishing I am sure u will soon be joined by many others.:sign0161:
Thats ok. Really don't mind having some company, though most people really don't like fishing in the dark. Really neat how the walley's eyes glow in the water when they are near the hole with your headlamp on.

toffan
01-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Anyone have luck catching whites at Lac St. Ann this year so far?

waterninja
01-27-2015, 01:35 AM
I havn't, but don't target whites there.