PDA

View Full Version : feeding raw

rottik9
01-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Do you think feeding raw might make a problem for a hunting dog thinking game is a meal?
I like feeding raw, and feed raw to my GSDs however my hunting dogs i dont.

Hydro1
01-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Do you think feeding raw might make a problem for a hunting dog thinking game is a meal?
I like feeding raw, and feed raw to my GSDs however my hunting dogs i dont.

Absolutely not.
My dog eats deer and completely ignores live ones.
If you feed your dog raw chicken he isnt going to start killing them.

hookset
01-26-2015, 12:16 AM
I have deer just over my fence of my yard ( live on edge of town). I feed my bullmastiff raw deer, he sits on the deck and watches them 20 yards behind the fence and drools lol. Doesn't seem to cause him to chase them but he didn't drool before I fed him this season.

silverdoctor
01-26-2015, 10:07 AM
I've wondered about that. Can a dog actually associate the raw rabbit cut up in his dish with the real thing? There are those who feed whole prey - rabbit, fur and all or grouse feathers and all - that could be an issue with a hunting dog. I wouldn't think typical raw feeding would be an issue over all? Little guy is fed raw, will kill mice but still doesn't eat them.

Canehdianman
01-26-2015, 10:32 AM
This is a grave concern.

I let my daughter try sushi last summer. Then I caught her diving into the aquarium at Bass Pro looking for a tasty treat!

rottik9
01-26-2015, 11:38 AM
I see the concern at bass pro, I too sit and like Pavlov's dog wait to hear the bell.