PDA

View Full Version : Spencer lake?

capper
01-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Anyone been out to spencer this year, we will be up on feb14 and thought we would check it out. The old man said it use to be a Great Lake to fish but heard that the fish are stunted/skinny. Regardless we are going for
The adventure but any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

nast70
01-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Which route are you planning on access, north from heart or south from seibert?

nast70
01-26-2015, 02:21 PM
My last post sounds awful! Acess from HEART GOING SOUTH or from SEIBERT GOING NORTH.
Grammar police forgive me.

7magtime
01-26-2015, 04:09 PM
My last post sounds awful! Acess from HEART GOING SOUTH or from SEIBERT GOING NORTH.
Grammar police forgive me.

Heart is quite a ways north of Spencer! Did you mean Touchwood?

nast70
01-26-2015, 04:11 PM
Heart lake road. My dad and brother in law tried it a couple summers ago. Winched most of the way in. Not alot of fun

Sooner
01-26-2015, 04:14 PM
Can you still get in by going across Touchwood lake? That's how we did it with sleds one winter many moons ago.

capper
01-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Will be sledding across..... If there is any snow left by then

capper
01-26-2015, 04:17 PM
From touchwood

Blastoff
01-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Can you still get in by going across Touchwood lake? That's how we did it with sleds one winter many moons ago.

Yes cross Jackson then Touchwood and on to Spencer

crblair
01-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Haven't fished for a few years there. I always accessed from Seibert. Fishing was always steady at Spencer but no monsters. Generally always caught Walleye and if you were lucky got a keeper or two. Sure miss the fun of taking the sled through those bush trails. Always lots of fun

Sooner
01-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Yes cross Jackson then Touchwood and on to Spencer

We unloaded at Touchwood, headed east across the lake and took a bush trail right to Spencer.

7magtime
01-26-2015, 09:11 PM

That's how we accessed Spencer during the winter, from the campground we crossed Touchwood & took the trail over to Spencer. That was a few years back though, maybe things have changed....

Levy
01-27-2015, 03:59 AM
Tons of flood water on all the lakes up there right now. Last report i heard was about a month ago and people did very well catching fish all day but struggled to catch a keeper. All the fish were heads and spines is what i heard. Goes to show how well they have manage that fishery. A previously unattainable limit led to a stunted overpopulation of walleye. The pike are nearly non existent and who knows how the whites are doing now. With the shut down of commercial fishing that resource will never be utilized again.