PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in joining me on Newell this weekend??

Frozenflyguy
01-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Hello All

Some of you may have seen my introductory post a few weeks back .... at that time I expressed an interest in learning the area as it relates to walleye fishing on the hard water in Alberta . My wife and I and a few local friends did get out on Sylvan this past weekend and while we managed quite a few walleye during our outing and revelled in the warm weather it didn't scratch the itch I have!

As the subject line reads ... I plan on heading out to Newell this coming weekend to run and gun for larger specimens! I am very serious about my ice fishing for walleye (catch and release only of course) and I am looking to meet up with a few like minded people to fish the hell out of the place. As you can appreciate it would be fantastic and safer to fish with people who know and drive the lake often as I am just developing confidence in this whole "driving on the ice" thing frankly because I am used to fishing on real skinny ice (4" to 8") in Alberta terms.

If anyone is interested in this hopefully actioned packed outing ... please shoot me a PM and we can work out the details ... at this time I am thinking that Saturday is the likely day (and possibly the warmer day). Hopefully the fishing will result in some good footage so I can make a movie to share with everyone here.

Thanks in advance

Frozenflyguy