PDA

View Full Version : Kona Coffee Beans

Ronji
01-26-2015, 01:23 PM
Looking for a somebody in Edmonton that may have Kona Coffee beans for sale. It was a nice change from the usual coffee flavors when I was in Hawaii, and I should have brought some home.
Any advice appreciated.

wildwoods
01-26-2015, 03:56 PM
My father in law gets beans green from Costa Rica and roasts them. No better coffee than fresh!

score
01-26-2015, 04:25 PM
I really like Kona coffee as well. Best I've had but, and this was several years ago now, I called all over Edmonton and the best I could find at the time was a Kona "blend". Good luck. Hope you can track some down.

ex811
01-26-2015, 06:46 PM
I've been ordering on line right from Hawaii for the past number of years. Was great when the $ was on par, getting a bit brutal now.

johnnyringo
01-26-2015, 10:32 PM
I got a bag from a co-worker but opened it so I wouldn't sell it to you like that. I did see some at Winners just before Christmas if you can believe it!

ArtG
01-27-2015, 09:04 AM
I got a bag from a co-worker but opened it so I wouldn't sell it to you like that. I did see some at Winners just before Christmas if you can believe it!

Any "Kona" coffee that isn't from Hawaii is just Kona blend which is Kona beans grown some where else, usually California. I know of only one place in Toronto that flies in Kona coffee from Hawaii.

I miss the taste.:(

Donkey Slayer
01-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Presently sitting in kona watching the ocean drinking kona coffee. Life is good. :)

oyster_777
01-27-2015, 12:06 PM
http://beamerscoffee.ca/collections/limited-farm-direct-micro-lot-coffees/products/kona-extra-fancy-special-reserve

Place in Canmore. Only $59.95 per pound. Gasp:confused:

WCTHEMI
01-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Presently sitting in kona watching the ocean drinking kona coffee. Life is good. :)

Swing by the Kona Brewery for supper if you haven't been there yet. Great food!

Fisherpeak
01-27-2015, 12:48 PM
You should try that stuff that`s eaten by a coatimundi,pooped out washed off and brewed.Most expensive in the world.Almost as good as popping corn that`s passed through an elephant.

winged1
01-27-2015, 02:41 PM
looking for leads on used commercial roasters. Probat, Diedrich, ....

Ronji
01-27-2015, 06:13 PM

Ahh now that's hurtfull
Thanks for all the advice.

Donkey Slayer
01-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh yes, the kona brewery restaurant We have been there a couple of times now. Great pizza. Went on a tour of the mountain coffee farm a couple of weeks ago. They hand pick everything and practice organic means. They sell it at Costco here. Something interesting is the price of gas between Costco and the corner stations. It is $3.60 at the corner stations but is $2.80 at Costco. per us gallon.

It has been a good month but coming back to reality this weekend. :shark:

WhistlePig
02-13-2015, 05:49 PM
You should try that stuff that`s eaten by a coatimundi,pooped out washed off and brewed.Most expensive in the world.Almost as good as popping corn that`s passed through an elephant.

My co-worker brought me some is this. It's known as weasel poop coffee now.