PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to Wabamun today?

Stryker2
01-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Just wondered if anyone has been there today and if there is any flood water on the ice? With all the rain and warm weather I'm not sure if I can drive on or should I take my sleigh and walk on? I want to go try my luck tomorrow or Thursday. I've never fished there before so any tips as to where might be a good spot for some fun fishing would be appreciated. I know you can't keep anything there I'm just curious as to what I can catch there! LOL! :thinking-006:

Fishin' Fool
01-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Sitting at Fallis right now. No flooding yet.
Lots of ice, but my nervous self walked on.

Stryker2
01-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the report, I guess not that many people on Wabamun this week!

Red Neck
01-28-2015, 02:46 PM
I was out yesterday in the fog, ice is good about 19 inches now.it is a little creepy as there is very little snow cover I drove all along north shore fishing was slow so I went out to the hump in the middle of the lake, fishing was no better ? but the ice is good enough to keep my F-150 a float:)
Red Neck Out
:scared0018:

Double-Eh
01-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Ice is solid, thick and dry at fallis. No concerns today. Except the lack of action

crownb
01-28-2015, 03:58 PM
We were at fallis yesterday, lots of ice and no flood water, we landed 24 pike in 4 hours, the bad part is all the bare patches of ice now, it makes for some good bloopers when a flag goes up, my brother in law and I were slip slip sliding away!!!

Stryker2
01-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Ok my next question is where is Falls? Everybody seems to go there, so I want to go there too!:thinking-006:

ineptflux
01-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Ok my next question is where is Falls? Everybody seems to go there, so I want to go there too!:thinking-006:

north side of lake, the exit for it is past the wabamun town exit if going west, can't miss it.

crownb
01-28-2015, 05:56 PM

At rr52 turn south off the highway, as you are starting to go down the hill turn right, proceed down the windy hill road till you hit a stop or yield sign, turn left or south and cross the train tracks then swing left and that will bring you to the lake access. We were fishing at the point where the water drops off, it's crazy you can drill a hole and have a foot of water and head out 20 yards and be in 25 feet, we were catching them anywhere between 12 feet and 30 feet.

Stryker2
01-28-2015, 06:34 PM
At rr52 turn south off the highway, as you are starting to go down the hill turn right, proceed down the windy hill road till you hit a stop or yield sign, turn left or south and cross the train tracks then swing left and that will bring you to the lake access. We were fishing at the point where the water drops off, it's crazy you can drill a hole and have a foot of water and head out 20 yards and be in 25 feet, we were catching them anywhere between 12 feet and 30 feet.

Tx for the directions much appreciated!:)