PDA

View Full Version : Drive on at Wilson's Gull lake?

laker taker2
01-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Is the big ice heave still preventing driving on at Wilson's? I'm Taking a buddy and his 2 daughters out Friday. I'm sick of brownlows. Need a small change of scenery. Last time I drove over there fresh snow made it risky. Did see an old trail going around it and shacks on the ice. Curious if there is a trail yet or any where else to access that side of the lake by truck. Thanks.

fish gunner
01-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Is the big ice heave still preventing driving on at Wilson's? I'm Taking a buddy and his 2 daughters out Friday. I'm sick of brownlows. Need a small change of scenery. Last time I drove over there fresh snow made it risky. Did see an old trail going around it and shacks on the ice. Curious if there is a trail yet or any where else to access that side of the lake by truck. Thanks.

The access is tricky but do able in a 4×4 . Just off shore there is a big heave 3' . Lots of traffic there this weekend so I stay away from them. If the weather freezes each night it should not be much of an issue . Be careful if the temps stay high . Some folks basicly driving at will over most of southern gull. 22-24" of ice where we were at. Tight lines hope that helps .

Renegade J
01-28-2015, 05:52 AM
I tried the NW side of the lake for the first time last weekend as I am also sick of brownlows. Lots of ppl driving on and lots of ice still (as of Sunday). We tried fishing in 15 or so feet south of the bay that hwy 771 curves around. Saw and caught perch and pike. Take hwy 771 north and travel west to the lake on township 420 (the road sign calls it a different name, but its one of the first turns after the big turn and before the hill). We also tried fishing north of the access road (420?) 7-8 feet was best for perch. Move around until you find fish!

laker taker2
01-28-2015, 08:28 AM
Awesome thanks