PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade Gourmet lunch for some help on Spray March 28/15

omega50
01-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Heading to Banff that weekend-wife busy during the day at a Quilt retreat and I need to amuse myself that day. Never ice fished Spray before so hoped to join a fisherman or small group that day.
Will bring manual auger and all my own gear.
And a hot lunch from my portable bbq
Homemade Pepper Cheese smokies, Tasso and Pastrami.
Thanks in advance

The Reel Deal
01-28-2015, 03:09 PM
I've only fished spray once, but if you wanna find deep water you're gonna want to pack light, you might be cursing that BBQ during your walk out there!

omega50
01-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I've only fished spray once, but if you wanna find deep water you're gonna want to pack light, you might be cursing that BBQ during your walk out there!

I learned something already and I haven't fished it yet:)

babybuck
01-28-2015, 05:13 PM
might want at least 1 ice anchor. never know how the wind will be. nice to secure your sled or other gear.

are you looking to smash some 14" lakers? or something else?

jacenbeers
01-28-2015, 05:45 PM
might want at least 1 ice anchor. never know how the wind will be. nice to secure your sled or other gear.

are you looking to smash some 14" lakers? or something else?

Bulls.

BlackHeart
01-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Heading to Banff that weekend-wife busy during the day at a Quilt retreat and I need to amuse myself that day. Never ice fished Spray before so hoped to join a fisherman or small group that day.
Will bring manual auger and all my own gear.
And a hot lunch from my portable bbq
Homemade Pepper Cheese smokies, Tasso and Pastrami.
Thanks in advance

I've seen your cooking threads.....And wish I could help.
But if you ever need an "All gear supplied, whitefish on gull, almost certain success trip in early March" ....I'd definitely take you up on that lunch.

And I have a 25ft jetboat and we fish lesser slave, cold lake (over nightiers), gull, pigeon, lake X &Y, in the summer, with very good success and of course all the downriggers, lures, gear, gas.....just need a guy that has something to offer/bring to the table in skills......like cooking.

Kingfisher
01-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Ok Omega I can commit to the 28th. But I also have a catch. I will need help to drag my sled out to the fishing site and back. I have had major surgery last May on my knee and will be able to walk out to the fishing location. But won't be able to drag my sled the whole way. We can use my power auger, tent and chairs and anchors to hold it all down. I don't want you to drag the gear the enitre way there and back. I will drag it as far as I possibly can. If you can help out then we can both drag it out there without any problem. It is a bit of a hoof to get out to good water.

I will also drive. So you can let me know and I will come by with my truck and pick you up, and drop you off at the end of the day in Banff.

As for the smokies. Cook them the night before on the BBQ. Leave the BBQ back at the condo. Then we can eat them cold. I'm sure they will be just fine when were out on the ice.

I'm sure there will be others that will be wanting to join us. We've gone out there with a crew before and it's always a good day.

Doodle30
01-28-2015, 09:05 PM

We take a bbq almost every trip to Spray. Typically we have enough of a group to spread out the load though.

I saw on an earlier thread that that there isn't much snow on the lake so a sled should pull nice.

I have a new baby at home and while the meal sounds great I don't want it to be my last.