PDA

View Full Version : IT REALLY IS A DIFFERENT COUNTRY DOWN THERE....

Okotokian
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
I had occasion to be down in Kansas last week. Things really are different re hunting and guns.

I get off the plane in Wichita and all the baggage carousels have big notices telling you to get your guns from the airline counters themselves. Driving out to rural west Kansas, while trying to find a station that WASN'T a religious one LOL, I hear actual radio commercials from hunting stores talking about the upcoming turkey season and announcing sales on ammo, guns, etc. Seems like real hunting country down there!

I'm shooting the breeze with three of our employees and I ask about whether Kansas has concealed carry laws. All three smile and whip their permits out of their wallets to show me. Two of the three actually admitted they've never carried, they just liked the idea of getting their permits so they could if they ever wanted.

Being the responsible corporate guy, I remind them of our no guns in the workplace rule. One laughs and says "Would make you a little hesitant to fire one of us, huh?" geez, no *&$# Sherlock. :lol

winged1
04-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Had an exchange tech come up from Dallas last month. While working one of our security fellows came in, turban and all. Well this poor Texan just about crapped his pants and ran for cover. Thought for sure a bomb was about to go off. Too funny.