PDA

View Full Version : Lower K Bully

Fishslayer99
01-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Thought I would share some pictures of the beautiful Afternoon I had at lower K, said the hell with work and made it out there by 1pm. Temperature was a bitter +9 at the lake and with the high winds felt like...well T shirt weather. No offence to the Northern folks...:scared0018:

Ice looked very sketchy and there was not a soul out there, after a test hole or two I was confident, it looked worse than it was.

Set up in about 35 ft of water, missed a 10lb+ right off the get go! bad hook set on my part. Water was very clear could just barely see bottom, had the camera set up around 15 ft from the hole I was fishing. Saw about 4 fish on the camera while I was there, and landed just the one.

The scenery is so amazing I would have enjoyed myself even if I didn't get a fish. I feel very fortunate to have access to such an amazing place within 90 minutes of the City. And fortunately unlike the other posts I have read recently, people have been respectfully cleaning up after themselves. There was no garbage whatsoever...well done!

babybuck
01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
Is that a home made streamer?

I like!

jacenbeers
01-28-2015, 05:14 PM
Nicely done man. I am glad your homemade streamers worked out. Were you there today or is this where you went after we fished with you on Saturday?

Fishslayer99
01-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Is that a home made streamer?

I like!

Nicely done man. I am glad your homemade streamers worked out. Were you there today or is this where you went after we fished with you on Saturday?

Thanks, yea they seemed to do the trick beers, went out there yesterday afternoon, got skunked out at Eagle last Saturday after our "adventure" gonna have to go back to K lakes again soon, treated me pretty good for the first time trying it out on the hard water.

Cory1
01-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Looks like a great day!

How thick was the ice?

Fishslayer99
01-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Looks like a great day!

How thick was the ice?

It varied as I was near the spillway from the upper lake, where I was fishing there was about 9" of good clear ice and another 8-9" of crap white ice on top

DBCooper.
01-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Sweet. I like it. Is there a video on how to tie those?

Fishslayer99
01-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Sweet. I like it. Is there a video on how to tie those?

Is there a map to lake x?

All joking aside, there are a lot of videos on how to tie different flies, you just have to get the materials you want to use and experiment, practice and you will come up with your own designs.

waterninja
01-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Beautifull scenery. Great looking fish. Congrats.
I find it incredible that you could see the bottom at 35'. Water must be crystal clear.

flint guy
01-28-2015, 10:35 PM
You guys make me jelous, with them mountians and such. Sure a pretty lake fish slayer, and the fish aint bad either.