PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley today

The O-Fish-al Fisherman
01-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Finally able to get out for the first time! Decided to hit up CVR today. Got there around 8:20. Ice was around 17-19 inches. Nice surprise, as soon as my partner dropped the jig down there was a pike staring it in the face.

Things were OK until about 1:00 and then nothing, even on the cam. Then just before 3:00 a small school of walleye came in. Missed 3.

All in all, between me and my partner we ended up icing 2 pike (around 12-15 inches) and had a walleye get off around the hole. Was a slow day. But thankful I was able to get out.
:bad_boys_20:

Fishtracker
01-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the report.
Great to hear the ice is still good! Was there any flood water? Just wondering as I might be heading out this weekend.

Moefoe
01-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Just got back from there. Fished the top end, moved around a lot,Tip-ups with small smelts were pretty steady all day for small Pike with a couple of really big Burbs on them just as we were packing up. 2 small Walleye on spoons but saw quite a few more on the camera. A lot of work, probably drilled 40 holes between 3 guys but all in all good day!!

laker taker2
02-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Anyone been fishing CVR recently? I'm going to head out Thursday and take 2 newbs with me. Other option is Gull but it's been ****e for me this season.

calgarygringo
02-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Planning on a Thursday trip as well. Hit some old spots and have a few new ones I would like to try. Pm me if you would like to meet up.

kevinhits
02-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Planning on a Thursday trip as well. Hit some old spots and have a few new ones I would like to try. Pm me if you would like to meet up.

Just sent you a Pm:)