PDA

View Full Version : what gives?

backpacker
01-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Is it cabin fever, anal retention, what is it that is making so many members bicker and whine about petty issues and force threads to be closed?

The thread posted by the fellow looking for work, gets derailed to the point a mod closes it, all because a few guys have to point out that EI isn't "free" money? Get over it and if you can't , then keep your thoughts to yourself.

The gas price thread.. totally derailed from the Op question, into a ****ing match between whose occupation is better paid, more justified for thier pay etc...?

Sure glad we have a few mods watching the goings on these days! Stay on topic or stay off the keyboard guys/gals.

blacknorthernjk
01-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Perhaps to you it's a petty issue but to them it's a big deal that they're passionate about. Your advice serves both sides equally, for you too if you wanted to think of it this way...get over it.
It's an open forum for discussion, yes when things degrade into name calling or otherwise it's likely time to step back and the mods do a fine job of mediating things.

fargineyesore
01-29-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm glad it was closed. There's getting to be too much bashing of oilfield workers and Alberta going on.

Pixel Shooter
01-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Actually spot on. Rules are clear

- Derailing threads that are NOT in line with what the original intent of the OP post will not be tolerated. If you believe it to be important, please start a new thread.

some will learn the hard way and many already have.

AbAngler
01-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Happens every year around this time.

wildwoods
01-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Cabin fever is such a cop out for people being jerks. There's more to do in Alberta outside in winter than in summer! Grab a snowboard and go blow off some steam.

blacknorthernjk
01-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Cabin fever is such a cop out for people being jerks. There's more to do in Alberta outside in winter than in summer! Grab a snowboard and go blow off some steam.

I can agree with this. I don't think it has anything to do with cabin fever at all because it happens all throughout the year. I see no higher prevalence of it around this time of year vs mid summer truly. But that's just this guys observation I suppose