PDA

View Full Version : Lake newell ice shack thefts and arson

THEREAPER
01-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone, for those of you who have ice huts out on newell please go out and check them. Mine was stolen and burnt to the ground. several others have been burnt or stolen also. Pretty sad and concerning. My daughter is devastated as we spent all out time out there. Now we have no hut auger or gear for the rest of the winter awesome! So heads up and go have a look and report it to the RCMP please!
Cheers!

Secret coulee
01-29-2015, 08:54 PM
There has been only two shacks burnt to the ice.one last night and one the night before asuming one was yours and sorry to hear that.the arsone was caught last night at midnight so no need to worry about any other shacks going down.

THEREAPER
01-29-2015, 08:55 PM
they took mine off the lake and burnt it so thats 3 and there is someones on the main road past the resort completely wrecked.

Sooner
01-29-2015, 09:11 PM
That's brutal Reaper. I hope you can salvage your season. Who does that to other peoples stuff.

WayneChristie
01-29-2015, 09:13 PM
sorry to hear, the big one had 30 grand invested in it, I almost felt like crying when I saw it today. I have a 6x6 tent you can use the rest of the winter if you like, let me know.

WayneChristie
01-29-2015, 09:13 PM
there was another one that was being hauled away all over highway 535 today too, nothing left of it. uploading a few pics
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/10532756_10153023833129197_5903553451573177770_n_z ps5xordq2z.jpg
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/1499592_10153023829639197_7035722866239732770_n_zp sy5zeynru.jpg
the nicest shack probably in the province, til last night
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/10947271_10153023819759197_3030436977829137455_n_z pspkfsy9lb.jpg
got most of the debris cleaned up but still some to be done, what a sad day for the owner. the arsonist needs a good kneecapping
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/10422081_10153023827474197_2196241554515660532_n_z psvhcqva6q.jpg

THEREAPER
01-29-2015, 09:33 PM
sorry to hear, the big one had 30 grand invested in it, I almost felt like crying when I saw it today. I have a 6x6 tent you can use the rest of the winter if you like, let me know.

Thanks Wayne! I have a back up plan. This guy was out of control! I heard he hit shacks at the end of the lake too! Gonna go for a ride to check it out!

the local angler
01-29-2015, 09:36 PM
since the bastard was caught any word on recovering some of the gear?

THEREAPER
01-29-2015, 09:46 PM
I will keep an eye out for stuff scatterd around the lake. I will post pics of what I find so people can claim!

Remi3006
01-29-2015, 09:51 PM
Since this guy will probably get a slap on the wrist, I think the fairest punishment is for him to be locked in a room for 5 minutes with all those who owned the shacks! What a dick!! Sorry to hear fellas.

bubba 96
01-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Since this guy will probably get a slap on the wrist, I think the fairest punishment is for him to be locked in a room for 5 minutes with all those who owned the shacks! What a dick!! Sorry to hear fellas.

Totally agree a kneecap breaking might be in order....

spinN'flyfish
01-29-2015, 09:56 PM
wow...... that's horrible, hope you manage to continue fishin though! The careless perpetrator should be punished

fish gunner
01-29-2015, 10:13 PM
So sad ..the effort and time put into a shack . Destroyed for kicks ??? Some peoples children :angry3:

Nikanit
01-30-2015, 01:07 AM
That happened to my husband Kerry and his buddy Gerry back in 2010 on Sylvan Lake. They had a big shack, and this guy they knew got his panties in a bunch when he couldn't use the shack, because Gerry had friends coming there that day (Gerry built the shack, Kerry helped him). Anyhow this guy drove out and drove into the shack and smashed it to pieces. I made a posting about it long ago on this board...HERE (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=48979)

Red Bullets
01-30-2015, 01:29 AM
Sorry to hear of the losses suffered.
Part of the guys punishment should be that he rebuild all the shacks he ruined, at his expense... while he is in jail.

moose 2
01-30-2015, 05:38 AM
I hope he was the sumbitch that was doing all the shooting at cenovous property and eastern irrigation property so they can lock him up or them up !!!

edmhunter
01-30-2015, 05:51 AM
UNBELIEVABLE!

Hope the guy or people involved get jail time! Hope you guys have fun for the rest of the season and catch your limit every time you go out, regardless of this person(s) stupid and disgusting behavior! :sign0176:

moose 2
01-30-2015, 06:27 AM
Did all this happen in redelback , greenwald, or pumphouse i was going to go for a drive today and see a sad thing

THEREAPER
01-30-2015, 06:37 AM
Did all this happen in redelback , greenwald, or pumphouse i was going to go for a drive today and see a sad thing

ALL around the lake, he even took one from green wall and towed it to the south end of the lake, it was towed back and he hit it a second night trying to burn it. Were going out at lunch to see it we can find our stuff, fingers crossed as i didn't see a burnt auger and such where he burnt my shack down, If anyone needs a hand cleaning up please message me I'm free this weekend to help.

Cheers!

Bushmaster
01-30-2015, 06:42 AM
So, is this guy just your average nutbar or does he have some kind of personal vendetta against someone or something? I'm not familiar with the area, so am unaware of any possible confrontations, etc. between fishermen and say landowners, etc ?

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 06:59 AM
So, is this guy just your average nutbar or does he have some kind of personal vendetta against someone or something? I'm not familiar with the area, so am unaware of any possible confrontations, etc. between fishermen and say landowners, etc ?

most of the land around the lake is owned by EID and I havent heard of any issues with access. I think this guy is just a sick individual who needs some special treatment :fighting0030: REAPER do you know who owned the Shasta?

waterninja
01-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Bad enough to simply wreck someones shack, but arson is ussually treated very seriously. Hope the a-hole gets some serious punishment. Also hope the judge is a fisherman.
Does anyone from around there know this guy? He sounds mentally disturbed.

THEREAPER
01-30-2015, 08:14 AM
most of the land around the lake is owned by EID and I havent heard of any issues with access. I think this guy is just a sick individual who needs some special treatment :fighting0030: REAPER do you know who owned the Shasta?

Hi Wayne not sure, like I said I found another one wrecked on the pump house road.

Frozenflyguy
01-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Holy Crap ! It is a battle zone out there! I can't believe that this happens. Very sorry to hear of the loss of property. I have a few spare rods ... I think a reel and some tackle to donate to start the rebuilding process. I would be devastated if my ice season was at risk because of some lunatic! PM me and I will get some stuff over to you.

Couleestalker
01-30-2015, 08:27 AM
I'm hearing reports that the police were able to catch the culprit(s) Wednesday evening. Perhaps its the same moron that's been out shooting EIDs' and Cenovus' property.

Bigwoodsman
01-30-2015, 08:50 AM
THIS is unbelievable and quite alarming to say the least. I can't believe that this was all done by one individual, so I hope the police keep looking. The carnage and waste is sickening to say the least.

Everyone with shacks anywhere should be vigilant and weary of copy-cat sicko's like this POS!:mad0100:

Dammit I want to kick something!:(

BW

kevinhits
01-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Just texted my buddy that lives on the East side of the lake at Riddleback..His shack was sparred but him and his wife watched his friends shack as it was burning down...Just trying to get more information as we speak....

Update: He doesn't know who he is....YET:bad_boys_20:

Couleestalker
01-30-2015, 11:41 AM
I saw 4 shacks that were destroyed 2 burnt on the lake, one burnt on the road, and one smashed up on a road. I have also heard that there were 2 more burnt on the lake but I haven't seen those ones, that would make 6 all together so far. Some house owners at the resort saw the suspect drive away. They called the RCMP, while following him. The police did finally catch him.

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Just went and checked another members shack. On Jackfish. It was ok but thete was anothet one burned just off shore that would have been dragged there since that spot is too shallow to fish. Thats at least 5 that I know of and there are probably more. The Rcmp were just leaving the bay when I got there

KJPFISH
01-30-2015, 12:09 PM
I was shocked and saddened to hear of this vandalism. Condolances to all who were impacted. We fished Big Rainier on Wed. Jan. 28 where there are/were 4 permanent ice shacks. There was no one around all day. I sure hope none of these were impacted. Glad they caught the vandal(s).

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Wonder if he caught his wife getting boinked in a shack and this is all revenge. Or they were all in his favourite spots

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 12:21 PM
I was shocked and saddened to hear of this vandalism. Condolances to all who were impacted. We fished Big Rainier on Wed. Jan. 28 where there are/were 4 permanent ice shacks. There was no one around all day. I sure hope none of these were impacted. Glad they caught the vandal(s).

This isnt vandalism this is arson. Someone could have been sleeping in one of those shacks

1bluZebec
01-30-2015, 12:28 PM
Unf'n real!! Hope justice is served somehow. Damn that's horrible. Too bad there are people like this in our world.

pinelakeperch
01-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear this, what a clown. Is there a police report available anywhere?

Adwittoutdoors
01-30-2015, 02:30 PM
To bad old Ralph wasn't the one making and enforcing the laws. His SSS would of straightened out societies misfits and nutbars !!!! I miss Ole Ralphy. :) Like Wayne said someone could of died. I feel for all who lost their shacks and belongings. :(

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Took a drive through Reddelback no signs of fire or damage. Cant believe hoe few shacks on the ice since the zero pike limit. It used to be crazy busy.

slough shark
01-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Wow that's terrible that some idiot would do that, they obviously don't know how much time and effort guys put into making their shacks, hope they throw him in jail for a while and he has a cell mate who used to ice fish... Yeah Wayne I suspect Newell is seeing a lot less pressure since you can't keep much out there, I wonder how much the pressure on other lakes have gone up since they brought C&R for the pike in Newell. I've personally been waiting for a bit to let the pike grow up and benefit from the C&R, it's only been a year.

baz
01-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Hello Wayne,
Was the shack in Jackfish about 150 yds NW from the entrance onto the lake over by the little point? If so that was mine, first time I have ever left it out there, didn't even make it a week.
Thx

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 07:25 PM
Hello Wayne,
Was the shack in Jackfish about 150 yds NW from the entrance onto the lake over by the little point? If so that was mine, first time I have ever left it out there, didn't even make it a week.
Thx

It was right behind the little hill when you drive on but seems the fire lovin mofo draggrd some from their original locations. No other shacks on JF excepy HDs

baz
01-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Hello Wayne,
Ya, HD sent me the pic and it was my shack .
Will be pushing for charges, hopefully to curb this in the future.
Big shout out to the members on here for the heads up and all the info. Won't name names due to the circumstances but it is awesome how this forum can work.
Will see you couple fellas in the near future.
I will update as I am allowed.
Thanks All,
Baz

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Hello Wayne,
Ya, HD sent me the pic and it was my shack .
Will be pushing for charges, hopefully to curb this in the future.
Big shout out to the members on here for the heads up and all the info. Won't name names due to the circumstances but it is awesome how this forum can work.
Will see you couple fellas in the near future.
I will update as I am allowed.
Thanks All,
Baz

Damn. I have your scoop for you , about all that was left. However if he gets off scottfree I do have a local rattlesnake pit Id be happy to help you introduce his teste-less carcase to in the spring. Meantime if you neec a tent the rest of the season let me know this has left me even sicker of the human race. What a way ti ruin something close to my heart

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 09:40 PM
Sorry between my illegitimate phone and a botfle of 40 proof sherry my spellung is attrotious:sign0176:

Jack&7
01-30-2015, 10:14 PM
Sorry between my illegitimate phone and a botfle of 40 proof sherry my spellung is attrotious:sign0176:

hahaha...awesome stuff, Wayne.

I will be watching this thread with interest as I am just about to start building my shack. This is the nightmare that worries me most...

sorry to those who have lost...

WayneChristie
01-30-2015, 10:47 PM
So far Ive heard he acted alone. If not Im the only one on the lake tonight so hopefully if he had a partner....all I can say is come get some

DiehardFishingMan
02-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear you loss THEREAPER T

We need to know who the bastard is
when is his first court date
We should protest outside of the court or present inside the court.

WayneChristie
02-01-2015, 08:57 PM
I heard today the arsonist was released on lack of evidence, hopefully that changes. and soon

THEREAPER
02-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Please report anything you see that is suspicious to the RCMP. Sad to see so little people fishing today. Would of been nice to drive up to my hut and light a fire to keep warm lol!! Keep an eye out everyone!! Cheers!

THEREAPER
02-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Please report anything you see that is suspicious to the RCMP. Sad to see so little people fishing today. Would of been nice to drive up to my hut and light a fire to keep warm lol!! Keep an eye out everyone!! Cheers!

Also there is a hut that was stolen by the pump house just past newell resort and destroyed on the road. Built on a trailer frame, walls are utilildore and small 20lb propane bottle on front of frame. Approximately 4kms past the resort directly on road.

Old Blue
02-24-2015, 08:29 PM
http://brooksbulletin.com/default.aspx?contentid=3660

WayneChristie
02-24-2015, 09:02 PM
nice to see hes back in custody. I had a talk with an RCMP officer one night leaving the lake who was keeping an eye on the boat launch area, several shacks had been shot up on Kitsim as well as the ones that had been burned on Newell. He told me they didnt know if this clown had checked to see if they were empty first! Makes a person feel a little nervous sitting out in their shack after dark for sure. Id heard they were waiting for forensic testing on the shell casings they found in his truck, must have come back a match if they charged him. hopefully hes convicted and does some serious time for all the charges

baz
02-25-2015, 07:34 AM
That's good news,
the only update I have from the RCMP was that the investigation was ongoing.
Scary about the shooting at ice shacks, generally if we fish at nite the lights are turned down so there is no shine down the hole,doesn't seem to bother ling but the walleye's don't seem to lite in my experience.
Baz

the local angler
02-25-2015, 05:02 PM
what boggles my mind is how in that short period of time this guy can get his hands on so many firearms and tons of ammunition after the ones he was in possession of get seized.

winger7mm
02-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Thats terrible. I dont know why some people are so..... I dont know screwed up I guess is the term lol. Sorry to hear of everyones loss.

Question though, What kind of charges would be laid??

CK Angler
02-26-2015, 08:56 AM

I agree.

BPman
02-26-2015, 11:56 AM
With this sicko's fascination/obsession with firearms it is probably a good thing none of the shack owners or anyone else saw him in action and tried to interrupt his thrills - there might have been a much worse crime to report. All the more reason to let the RCMP handle the case... Too bad we don't provide for corporal punishment in this country, IMHO.

WayneChristie
02-26-2015, 12:08 PM
With this sicko's fascination/obsession with firearms it is probably a good thing none of the shack owners or anyone else saw him in action and tried to interrupt his thrills - there might have been a much worse crime to report. All the more reason to let the RCMP handle the case... Too bad we don't provide for corporal punishment in this country, IMHO.

his BS might have ended a lot sooner too. :bad_boys_20::fighting0021:

lmtada
02-26-2015, 02:18 PM

This is bull****. Destroys someones personal property. 170 yrs ago. You would be able to Hang this person, for this felony. Legally.
"Hang em High"
:angry3::angry3:

kevinhits
02-26-2015, 06:23 PM
My biggest concern is people in the shacks at the time....Shooting at some and burning down others....I know guys fish in the dark and sleep in these shacks over night....This mental idiot is lucky there was no one in any of the shacks....What are these mentally idiots thinking....Lock him away...

two_ker
02-27-2015, 08:02 AM
Same person that shot up travel trailers at castle river last year??? There is a thread " my buddies trailer shot". (Sorry dont know how to link). Sure seems like the same MO.