PDA

View Full Version : Beware of hot tub company....

slivers86
01-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to pass on a concerning situation.

My mother recently purchased a hot tub from Western Tub and Pool.
All was going well until during the cold snap, she went outside and her hot tub was ice cold, sitting at 9 degrees... she immediately drained it and put electric heaters under it so it did not freeze solid.

After a week of calling every day, and being told them were too busy to come out, she took a picture of the piece that was broken for them. In their eyes, this voided the warranty however... even though their tech's no showed 2 times that week when it was promised they would come out.

Needless to say, the tub is empty, the company wont back their products or honor their warranty (new tub wasn't even a year old...)

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company at all costs...

Lefty-Canuck
01-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Find out the names of the guys working there.... I wonder if he previously ran "Aqua Spa-tech" or something like that.... they ran a shady business.

LC

bubba 96
01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to pass on a concerning situation.

My mother recently purchased a hot tub from Western Tub and Pool.
All was going well until during the cold snap, she went outside and her hot tub was ice cold, sitting at 9 degrees... she immediately drained it and put electric heaters under it so it did not freeze solid.

After a week of calling every day, and being told them were too busy to come out, she took a picture of the piece that was broken for them. In their eyes, this voided the warranty however... even though their tech's no showed 2 times that week when it was promised they would come out.

Needless to say, the tub is empty, the company wont back their products or honor their warranty (new tub wasn't even a year old...)

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company at all costs...

Or they used to be moose mountain they screwed a lot myself included, tubs not 7 yrs old and is cracking in half does anyone do fibreglass repair...

tri777
01-30-2015, 09:49 AM
"..took a picture of the piece that was broken...
Put that pic up here sliver86..

averagejoe
01-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Get one of the news stations involved? Global news problem solver? They usually love the "company screws over people" stories.

Weedy1
01-30-2015, 05:44 PM
...she took a picture of the piece that was broken for them. In their eyes, this voided the warranty however...

What was the piece that was broken? Do you perhaps have a picture?

slivers86
02-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Hey guys - sorry for the late reply. My mom and her bf have split, and I don't have the part anymore. Long story short, mom's out about $600 for the repair.

Talked to the original manufacturer of the spa, who said they have no clue who this company is, and that they do not have the manufacturer's permission to refurb the tubs stating they are 'like new' with the manufacturers name.... Also was told that the tub had the wrong parts in it, it was wired too hot which caused a lot of wire melting, and nearly a fire. Glad its being fixed by the proper guys now (manufacturer).

The service manager of the tub company we were dealing with has since quit, and phoned us telling us the owner of the company listened to the voicemail, laughed and deleted it without taking any information down at all. This person was willing to give a statement, and come to court if we were to sue.

Talk about a failing company!