PDA

View Full Version : Slave lake report?

SteveY66
01-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Planning on heading up to Slave in early Am....going to start at canyon creek can anyone report how the fishing is and if accessible by quad?

Shmag
01-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Slave has been good just about anywhere you fish it this year. I know there is truck access at 9 mile point...guessing canyon has truck access as well...If you are staying in the east basin of the lake....thinking assineau bay would be the best action....

Mike_W
01-30-2015, 07:45 PM
I was up two weeks ago 24 inches of ice dont know what this warm weather did but I wouldnt imagine much snow except for whats falling now.

SteveY66
01-31-2015, 05:44 PM
Fishing was very slow only managed a few small pike. Big Ford truck broke through pressure ridge as he tried crossing on the way out. Numerous break throughs along the ridge don't risk it take a quad or sled if you can.

outdoors forever
01-31-2015, 08:08 PM
The ice is still pretty thick on the West side, although with the recent warm weather the "main road" is an absolute mess. Huge ruts filled with water then froze, its rougher than you can imagine.

I went out the past couple days and stayed to the side of the main trail and it was a lot better.

No one has gone through anywhere on my side, and like I said, still good ice, 20+ inches.

Fishing has been pretty slow, although yesterday I managed to get 6 walleye and 5 smaller pike in about 2 hours.