PDA

View Full Version : Cougar attack south of GP

albertadeer
01-31-2015, 07:18 AM
I haven't seen anything on here about it.

The Internet tells me there wasa cougar attack on the Husky Rd yesterday. No life threatening injurys. One missing ear.... The cat ended up dead.

Anyone have more info on this?

DiabeticKripple
01-31-2015, 07:20 AM
damn thats where i hunted. good thing i keep bear spray on me anyways when im out and about

Cheyenne 1
01-31-2015, 08:31 AM
My boy is working up there right now. He texted me last night and said it happened 4 kms from where he was working.
Said it was 4 guys and they fought the cougar off with a bananna knife and skid hooks.
He wasn't sure of the injury details but he said they did get hurt.
Then he said the cops got there and managed to shoot the cougar.

Thats all he told me last night.

Speckle55
01-31-2015, 08:47 AM
here is one on facebook ..also the first 25 posts tell and show story

https://www.facebook.com/superfrenchdave

David:)

albertadeer
01-31-2015, 09:00 AM
here is one on facebook ..also the first 25 posts tell and show story

https://www.facebook.com/superfrenchdave

David:)

Ya that's where I got my info. Looks like a smaller cat. I wonder how long it was watching them. Them cat average 5hrs stalking before an attack.

elkdump
01-31-2015, 09:20 AM
There are a couple of cougar hanging around our rural community killing deer and moose in close quarters , many kids wait for busses from ages 6 to 16 yrs , in the dark at early hours, we have made F&W aware but they have NO concern because in their opinion chances are the cats won't harm the children,,, of coarse Their Children (F&W) don't live in the country,,,

I fear a local S.S.S Program may be discreetly underway,

double gun
01-31-2015, 09:26 AM
I wonder if they got the guys ear back - can they reattach something like that? Either way, what a horrible thing to happen.

albertadeer
01-31-2015, 10:16 AM
There are a couple of cougar hanging around our rural community killing deer and moose in close quarters , many kids wait for busses from ages 6 to 16 yrs , in the dark at early hours, we have made F&W aware but they have NO concern because in their opinion chances are the cats won't harm the children,,, of coarse Their Children (F&W) don't live in the country,,,

I fear a local S.S.S Program may be discreetly underway,

Where's that? SSS has been going strong south of GP for years. Hahaha

Redfrog
01-31-2015, 11:26 AM
Anyone have a news link??

Got Juice?
02-04-2015, 05:02 PM
living in the heavily wooded rural setting that I do, I have seen more Cougar, and tracks in the last 4 years than I have seen in the previous 25 years out here.

People forget, urban deer WILL bring urban predators closer.....

I never go out walking without the Dog, and a 3 sharp stabby type objects with me. (kukhri, neck knife, folding knife)

I would never condone taking a G20 for a walk.... then again, it's only a 'high pressure gas powered 10mm paper puncher':)

Hydro1
02-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Anyone have a news link??

Au revoir gopher posted a link in the other thread on this attack.
Its abiut 5 posts below this one.