PDA

View Full Version : High Five to this Firefighter

Weedy1
01-31-2015, 09:12 AM
You can't stop stupid:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=542327

waterninja
01-31-2015, 09:53 AM
Can't blame the firefighter for being upset. Looks like they had quite a few responders ready to risk thier own lives to save the fool if he fell through the ice or in the river. I don't think the fireman knew a camera was on him when he was swearing at that idiot.
Last year had a police officer walk down the steep hill at Beverly Bridge and check on me while fishing off the bank. People had reported seeing someone on the ice, but that was another group of people walking their dogs. they were gone by the time officer got there and I felt sorry for him having to walk down to where I was fishing. We did do some BSng about fishing the NSR before he left. I think I converted him, as he was from down east and was itching to do some fishing. He didn't know what great fishing can be had on the NSR.

Sooner
01-31-2015, 10:36 AM
Last winter there was a tool out in the middle of the river beside the Riverside Golf course. He was writing in the snow with his feet "God Loves You" I was coming from downtown and seen him when I was crossing the bridge. I parked beside the golf course and ran down the trail to where the guy was. All the while I could hear sirens coming from all over. Lots of response for this idiot and when he got to the west bank I could hear the fire fighters ripping him a new one. I have boated there, very deep spot close by. Crazy to be out in the middle there, he was lucky it had been cold for a few weeks prior. I have pics on my cell but dont know how to post them.

Kale_M
01-31-2015, 11:39 AM
Good on him!

I can just imagine though if this was a cop giving this guy a lecture, this fourm would be irrate at his behaviour. The pitch forks and torches would be out...

redcoat01
01-31-2015, 12:16 PM
Totally agree with the public berating to this individual who has little regard for his own well being let alone endangering our 1st responders. I think a lot of folks are tired of out politically correct society and it's nice to see this Firefighter speak his mind .

Battle Rat
01-31-2015, 12:43 PM
I wish stupid hurt.
Should have put him in a harness and dunked him a couple of times.

rccam1
01-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Good on him!

I can just imagine though if this was a cop giving this guy a lecture, this fourm would be irrate at his behaviour. The pitch forks and torches would be out...

Not this forum member!

58thecat
01-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Good on him!

Sometimes you wish they could smack stupid upside the head, their parents did not do it so now everyone else has to deal with it....a wack goes a long way into adult hood!:fighting0030:

Hydro1
01-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Yes I would give him a high five, hell I would even buy him a few beer.
Hopefully he got through to the moron.

Famabrav
01-31-2015, 05:16 PM
To bad he was cut short by his coworker due to the camera. Looked like he was on a roll..............I love it.....

Rdamours
01-31-2015, 05:21 PM
He probably saved more lives by getting the message out. Hopefully he doesn't get in trouble by some incompetent bureaucrat supervisor as he did the right thing.

Quinn
01-31-2015, 05:26 PM
Good on him!

Cops would have called Fire to save the guy. Fire has reason to give lecture, cops should be out sitting on the side of the road radaring.

Selkirk
01-31-2015, 05:55 PM
He probably saved more lives by getting the message out . . .

That ^

Mac

Battle Rat
01-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Cops would have called Fire to save the guy. Fire has reason to give lecture, cops should be out sitting on the side of the road radaring.

Yup. God created Firemen so that cops could have heroes too.

nube
01-31-2015, 08:12 PM
Well, I will tell you that Wayne is an awesome Captain and a great firefighter through out his career. This isn't just about the life of the guy that wants to walk across the ice. Do you know how unsafe it is for the firefighters to go and try and retrieve a body or save someone out there. Yes he went a little overboard while caught on camera but it is amazing how dumb some people are and frustrating to see this kind of crap time and time again. A lot more people deserve a talking to like this now and again I think to wake them up. One thing you learn on the job is that life is precious and it can be gone in an instant. Seen it too many times myself and when you see this kind of thing it bugs you after a bit. As a side note Wayne has fought off Lukemia a couple times now and is lucky to even be with us. He lives every day like it is his last trust me on that and I am sure it bothers him to see people take chances like this. Not sure if that guy walking on there thought about it but that river has been wide open water for weeks now until lately. I can't imagine it is very safe at all

sparky660
02-01-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't think he went overboard at all. He said what needed to be said and saved some lives as well. I applaud him.