PDA

View Full Version : More guilty til proven innocent

silverdoctor
01-31-2015, 01:01 PM
And this time, to prove your innocence, you must give up a blood sample. So refusal makes you look guilty - and put you on the radar?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/29/everyone-in-neighbourhood-asked-for-blood-samples-by-police-to-prove-they-didnt-kill-pregnant-woman/

Everyone in neighbourhood asked for blood samples by police to prove they didn’t kill pregnant woman

Police in Windsor, Ont., have ordered hundreds of DNA testing kits and are going door-to-door in a residential neighbourhood — near where former prime Minister Paul Martin grew up — asking everyone to provide a blood sample to rule themselves out as a suspect in the murder of a pregnant woman.

The unusual mass request for a blood sample prompted more than 500 residents to agree and a “handful” of people to refuse, police say. It also has stirred condemnation and warnings from civil liberty and legal advocates about a police technique increasingly turned to when murder probes begin to falter.

“The extraction of a DNA sample without a warrant is concerning. It is inherently coercive,” says Sukanya Pillay, executive director and general counsel of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association.

“There is no guarantee that doing wide sweeps of DNA collection is going to produce the killer, but there is a guarantee it will create potential privacy violation and erosion of standards.”

The Windsor case is distressing for the city.

On Dec. 11, Cassandra Kaake, 31, seven months pregnant, was found dead in her home on Benjamin Avenue after firefighters extinguished a blaze. An autopsy found she died of blood loss — not the fire — and a veteran police investigator described it as “the most disturbing” crime scene he had seen.

Now, seven weeks later, police detectives are returning to the neighbourhood with a mission to speak to every resident.

They are asking what make of vehicle they drive, what their licence plate is, how long they have lived there, whether they rent or own their home and who else lives in the house. They are also asking if they recall seeing Ms. Kaake, perhaps out walking her dog, and about any suspicious vehicles or people they may have seen.

It is the last question asked, however, that is most unusual: Are they willing to turn over a blood sample, at a future date, to help investigators in their probe.

It is a technique dubbed “blooding.”

Click the link to read the rest.

rugatika
01-31-2015, 01:28 PM
Pretty soon we will be safe as bugs in a rug. What could go wrong?

BlackHeart
01-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Proving that the 500 now only need an ear tag to complete the process of their natural transition.

Now I see why Justin Trudeau is popular in Ontario....he looks like he'd be a nice caring Shepard. And he knows his grass!

bat119
01-31-2015, 02:07 PM
Do they promise not to keep a record of your DNA on file?

Are they going keep it on the same computer file as the destroyed gun registry records?

I'm donning my tinfoil hat

propliner
01-31-2015, 02:17 PM
If the DNA sampling doesn't solve the case then just throw them all in jail. It's the only way to be sure.

sillyak
01-31-2015, 02:30 PM
Why doesn't the government take a DNA sample of everyone in the country? Perhaps create a registry. I love when big brother protects me, makes me all safe and stuff. Hey if you have nothing to hide it's no big deal right? Refuse? You must have something to hide.

Redfrog
01-31-2015, 03:01 PM
You guys are getting a little carried away with this stuff.:snapoutofit:

Easy peasy.

Shut the neighbourhood power and water off until someone confesses.

Or

Every baby should be chipped at birth like puppies are and bodily fluids taken then and catalogued.

DiabeticKripple
01-31-2015, 03:11 PM
what happens if you say no? nothing? how can they charge you if they dont know who did it

rugatika
01-31-2015, 03:18 PM
what happens if you say no? nothing? how can they charge you if they dont know who did it

That's the threat. If you say no then that leaves you open to them giving you the full snoop. Suspicion from neighbours etc etc.

score
01-31-2015, 04:00 PM
everything is so fricken crazy today that I'm running out of time and health to choose to rant about every GD link.......social engineering coming to fruition....baaaaah.

twofifty
01-31-2015, 04:07 PM
everything is so fricken crazy today that I'm running out of time and health to choose to rant about every GD link.......social engineering coming to fruition....baaaaah.

My hair used to be straight....now it feels curly. I have nothing to hide so will go along with the shearing of our liberties. baaaaah.

Bill C-150 .... baaaaah
Bill C-51 .... baaaaah
Bill C-17 .... baaaaah
Bill C-68 .... baaaaah
Bill C-19 .... baaaaah
Bill C-36 .... baaaaah
Bill C-51 .... baaaaah

edit: added other legislation passed to further control and regulate law-abiding firearms users, or to deal with post 911 terror.

3blade
01-31-2015, 04:23 PM
You guys are getting a little carried away with this stuff.:snapoutofit:

Easy peasy.

Shut the neighbourhood power and water off until someone confesses.

Or

Every baby should be chipped at birth like puppies are and bodily fluids taken then and catalogued.

That ^ already happens. Google: alberta newborn metabolic screening program. And no, they do not destroy the samples after testing.

Kim473
01-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Proving that the 500 now only need an ear tag to complete the process of their natural transition.

Now I see why Justin Trudeau is popular in Ontario....he looks like he'd be a nice caring Shepard. And he knows his grass!

Micro chip is a better idea. Then they will know where are and have been every second of the day.

qwert
01-31-2015, 04:41 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acome%20back%20with%20a%20warrant% 20door%20mat

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=come+back+with+a+warrant+door+mat

Zuludog
01-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Why do they need to know if you rent or own your house? Does owning a house make you a suspect or exclude you? lol They want too much information that I don't see as pertintent this is besides the obvious infringement of civil liberties. :angry3:

twofifty
01-31-2015, 05:09 PM
statistical profiling to help prioritize the investigation.

recce43
01-31-2015, 06:42 PM
I would tell them get stuffed

Bushrat
01-31-2015, 06:45 PM
Micro chip is a better idea. Then they will know where are and have been every second of the day.

Until somebody bonks you on the head and removes/steals your chip. Of course someone would come up with counterfeit chips and who knows what else, what a can of worms if that ever happens.

HalfBreed
01-31-2015, 07:55 PM
Until somebody bonks you on the head and removes/steals your chip. Of course someone would come up with counterfeit chips and who knows what else, what a can of worms if that ever happens.

Yikes! :scared0018:

Wild&Free
01-31-2015, 08:07 PM
if you refuse they just go through your trash when you put it on the street for a sample.