PDA

View Full Version : Fort Mac Hard Times

ramonmark
01-31-2015, 01:02 PM
Really!? I initially found this video on a cbc webpage. Couldn't get that link to work so I went straight to YouTube for your veiwing. Now I can see the comedy but people need to remember as much as a good laugh there are real people that are affected by the current price of oil. This is the kind of video to be made after all is well in the patch, not during the lay-offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz6ykYoWaIk

rugatika
01-31-2015, 01:36 PM
Wow, they really cut down Newfoundlanders in that. Surprised they can get away with that.

Good to see our tax money going for such a great endeavour though. One of the least funny things I've seen since Peter Mansbridge pretended to be a news anchor.

albertadeer
01-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Wow, they really cut down Newfoundlanders in that. Surprised they can get away with that.

Good to see our tax money going for such a great endeavour though. One of the least funny things I've seen since Peter Mansbridge pretended to be a news anchor.

Pretty sure he says "bud" not by.

Don't work in the patch if you can't handle lay offs or people making fun of you.

I don't think its funny, but it's not offensive at all, if your offended by it your probably sitting on your high horse thinking your above anyone.

Talking moose
01-31-2015, 02:13 PM

Is that how the people of Newfoundland talk? Just curious, never been there....:)

rugatika
01-31-2015, 02:22 PM

Don't work in the patch if you can't handle lay offs or people making fun of you.

I don't think its funny, but it's not offensive at all, if your offended by it your probably sitting on your high horse thinking your above anyone.

Well I'll admit, I've always left the sheep to be saddled by others, but I never put a man down for what he choses to throw a saddle on.

CNP
01-31-2015, 02:22 PM
Not a fan off 22 minutes. Hate the Mercer rant too...

elkdump
01-31-2015, 02:31 PM

Newfoundlanders are not a Race of people, but a geographical hodgepodge of humanity,,,,

Don K
01-31-2015, 02:33 PM
Is that how the people of Newfoundland talk? Just curious, never been there....:)

Pretty close!

I thought it was pretty funny!!

rugatika
01-31-2015, 02:37 PM
Newfoundlanders are not a Race of people, but a geographical hodgepodge of humanity,,,,

Correct. I don't like to see any geographical hodgepodge of my fellow Canadians belittled, especially by the CBC. Except of course for Quebecers and Torontonians. :)

leeaspell
01-31-2015, 02:38 PM

The guy is from Newfoundland, no biggie. Honestly, it sounded like an over the top exaggeration of an Alberta accent.

rugatika
01-31-2015, 02:41 PM
The guy is from Newfoundland, no biggie. Honestly, it sounded like an over the top exaggeration of an Alberta accent.

I know they were trying to get the Albertan "accent" (Alberta mullet is the giveaway...just like all Albertans have). I was just having a wee bit o fun.

leeaspell
01-31-2015, 02:42 PM
I know they were trying to get the Albertan "accent" (Alberta mullet is the giveaway...just like all Albertans have). I was just having a wee bit o fun.

Kind of sounded like that Kelly guy from license to drill lol

Zuludog
01-31-2015, 04:57 PM

I don't think its funny, but it's not offensive at all, ...

Definitely pretty lame as far as comedic value. It had potential but missed the mark most high school drama clubs could come up with soomething equal or better mocking Alberta and the patch.

Sushi
01-31-2015, 05:13 PM
It's harmless satire. Could've been better. This Hour has been going downhill the past few years.

airbornedeerhunter
01-31-2015, 05:27 PM

??

The only thing in that skit that has anything to do with NL in any way are the two Newfoundlanders performing it.

Bergerboy
01-31-2015, 05:29 PM
??

The only thing in that skit that has anything to do with NL in any way are the two Newfoundlanders performing it.

Kinda what I thought as well. The skit is making fun of the guys that spend ever cent they get. Not my favorite Eastern drinkin' buddies!

Y2K
01-31-2015, 06:30 PM
Money management should be taught in schools instead of Shakespeare.

Klondike
01-31-2015, 07:13 PM
There is also this one from Nov18. http://youtu.be/eRriyxoGvDc

We will see how funny they think it is when their sons and husbands return home without jobs and the transfer payments stop.

Pretty easy to poke fun when you are wallowing at the trough I guess.

rugatika
01-31-2015, 07:33 PM
??

:)

rugatika
01-31-2015, 07:37 PM

We will see how funny they think it is when their sons and husbands return home without jobs and the transfer payments stop.

I'm not too sure how secure CBC jobs will be if my buddy Harps gets back in this year. I'm sure Ezra will make some hilarious videos...if Sun is still around. :sHa_shakeshout:

All good. He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

airbornedeerhunter
01-31-2015, 07:56 PM

Skin thin these days? Lighten up man, 22 minutes makes fun of everyone . No one is safe. Alberta does not get a free pass from humour.

omega50
01-31-2015, 08:03 PM
Skin thin these days? Lighten up man, 22 minutes makes fun of everyone . No one is safe. Alberta does not get a free pass from humour.

They also spoofed Target
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zZttYrFIag

17,600 will also miss their high wages
http://www.glassdoor.ca/Hourly-Pay/Target-Canada-Hourly-Pay-E691692.htm

rugatika
01-31-2015, 09:04 PM
And for what it's worth...(very little I'm sure), there's lots of things to make fun of Albertan's over from an Easterner's perspective I would guess, but I have never seen the humour in people losing their jobs through no fault of their own. It's not going to touch me, but lots of families are already getting hit.

To each their own though. (although I will admit, I may let a smirk cross my face if those CBC clowns get sent packing) :)

CaberTosser
01-31-2015, 09:17 PM

Alberta still wasn't hit with humor from the likes of those clods. I can never stomach watching '22 minutes', their writing is so consistently beyond sub-par that I can't even grasp a term to properly express its crapulence. Though they do pester everyone equally, and the actor Sean Majumder is a Newfie by birth, I only know of him because he got a gig playing a character in Kiefer Sutherlands show "24" and there was some article on that.

Sushi
01-31-2015, 09:18 PM
To become angry or express bitterness over satire is to give even a little credence to those muderers in France.

CaberTosser
01-31-2015, 09:22 PM
To become angry or express bitterness over satire is to give even a little credence to those muderers in France.

If they wanted to produce that crap using someone elses money I'd wish them nothing but the best. I paid good money for my percentage of resenting them :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Sushi
01-31-2015, 09:41 PM
If they wanted to produce that crap using someone elses money I'd wish them nothing but the best. I paid good money for my percentage of resenting them :sHa_sarcasticlol:

True, but that is a different issue from what I was getting at. I agree and not only does cbc get subsidized to produce mediocre entertainment, it also undermines private business trying to offer television news and entertainment. At any rate, I still think people need to be less pretentious about satire (after all, it's part of democracy).

HalfBreed
01-31-2015, 09:43 PM

Perhaps this forum needs a 'Reality' show, I'd likely tune in. :)

Klondike
01-31-2015, 10:00 PM

No not really. I'm quit secure in the job I've had for the past 26 years. IT will take a deep recession before by employment would be threatened. I just don't see the humour in people's loss.

Klondike
01-31-2015, 10:01 PM
I'm not too sure how secure CBC jobs will be if my buddy Harps gets back in this year. I'm sure Ezra will make some hilarious videos...if Sun is still around. :sHa_shakeshout:

All good. He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

Yea, I'm thinking he is saving that one for the next term:sHa_shakeshout:

GunnerySgtJackson
02-01-2015, 05:59 AM

X2. I do not watch it or pretty much any thing cbc. For those that have a real H/On for the silly skit, write a letter to the cbc and complain or for real effect, write a complaint to the crtc.

paintchips
02-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Just a guess but wasnt the skit more towards Fubar, the movie, wasnt it an extended version of just this skit?

Dog hunter
02-01-2015, 06:53 AM
So i suppose none of you ever made a wise crack about hardtimes in the maritimes? Yeag right. Lighten up a bit its oil this happens every 10 years it will be back, that was some funny stuff i know riggers just like that guy and i know a welder named Twyla , she has got to see this