PDA

View Full Version : Aqua View ShowDown

DoubleCam
12-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I just bought the ShowDown... and everything about the concept is awsome, I love it.
But I am having issues with it, I was out today and tried it in two different lake settings and it gave me the same BS.
I was out for walleye in the morning and I marked one fish that come from the bottom up. I was impressed right off the hop but it just has so much clutter in the 5 foot range that I CANNOT get rid of. The sensitivity is set to 0 and yet it still gets this clutter.
I then tried it for trout on the way home, and it is the same crap. Youd think by going digital it would be a little more fool proof but Im beggining to think its not.
Anyone else buy this unit, have some advice or the same issues?

Alberta Bigbore
12-20-2008, 09:52 AM
check out Iceshanty...thers some reviews and test runs

Mudslide
12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Not familiar with your unit but I have a Marcum VX1 flasher and if you have the gain turned up too high you will get a lot of interference. Turn the gain down until you can just pick up your lure. Hope that helps.

DoubleCam
12-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Not familiar with your unit but I have a Marcum VX1 flasher and if you have the gain turned up too high you will get a lot of interference. Turn the gain down until you can just pick up your lure. Hope that helps.

yah. I understand that. The MarCum have the gain which with the showdown is the sensitivity in its own. Thanks though.

Alberta Bigbore
12-20-2008, 05:22 PM
i read that your supposed to be able to adjust that unit that you can seperate minnows in a school of bait fish

DoubleCam
12-20-2008, 07:06 PM
i read that your supposed to be able to adjust that unit that you can seperate minnows in a school of bait fish

yah. I heard that to and as of now I dont beleive it.. I think it is just a very hard unit to get used to unlike the MarCums or Vexlar.
Ill spend a few more days with it and try to key in on some fish and see how it really reacts.

Alberta Bigbore
12-20-2008, 07:14 PM
watch these....

http://www.showdownfishfinder.com/Page/Discoveries?File=ShowdownCompare.flv

"Using The SHowdown"

DoubleCam
12-20-2008, 07:22 PM
watch these....

http://www.showdownfishfinder.com/Page/Discoveries?File=ShowdownCompare.flv

"Using The SHowdown"

I was on that website, and didnt even see that video. Thanks Bore.