PDA

View Full Version : Burn the word

huntingaddict
02-02-2015, 10:17 PM
It's that time of year again Was out tonight fishin in the dark. And caught 32. Burbs. Personally don't care for them much but it's something different to catch.
Biggest was only about 4lbs. Post pics as soon as I fiqure out how.

Rennich98
02-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Ugh that's the one fish on my bucket list that I can't catch for the life of me, never even see any on the camera...I just want one

outdoors forever
02-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Ugh that's the one fish on my bucket list that I can't catch for the life of me, never even see any on the camera...I just want one

Your not missing much.........................:tongue2:

They are certainly a very odd fish, they just twist around and curl up, very strong fish too. They feel pretty heavy coming up. I've had a burb roll into a ball in the hole and had to push it down with the ice scoop!

I'm not a huge burbot fan, I'd rather catch pike and walleye any day.

That being said, OP, get some pics up!

coors04
02-03-2015, 06:58 AM

Where are you located? Sylvan and gull have good burb fishing in March while one is thumping for whites. PM if you want to try and get out together. The season for burbs is closed then but if your happy to catch and release then you shouldn't have any problems

Rennich98
02-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Sounds awesome im in stony but gull isn't that far and I've never been

waterninja
02-03-2015, 08:48 AM
I thought it might still be a little early for the big burb bite, but I'm looking forward to getting out for a day of burb fishing soon. They might be weird looking fish, but they are very tasty, and probably the easyist fish to fillet.

Drake slayer
02-03-2015, 09:27 AM
U might want to try lac sante u might just catch a few

huntingaddict
02-03-2015, 09:33 AM
That was supposed to be a secret. Great Lake to catch. I personally go for the evening. Between 430 and 930 Usually the best. Anyone interested let me know. So far there's been no pressure on it this year. In a couple weeks the daytime bite will pic up