PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Boat and Sportsman's Show

Serengeti Charters
02-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,

Who is going? Heard from a few people there are some larger changes this year, and should be better for the sportsman and less so for the boats (Still a whole hall of boats though).

We will be in booth 414, as you walk into the second hall take a left and down one row. Feel free to come say hi and to put a face to a user name :lol:

Have a show special on for select dates for the four dates of the show only! So come ask about that as well!

Looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing some old friends,

David

The Fisherman Guy
02-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I stopped in to check out the show today while I was downtown. It's the best show yet in comparison to previous years.

In enjoyed listening to Rich Mellon's seminar about Trapping in Alberta, worth the price of admission if just for the seminars that are offered several times daily.

The layout is smart, not overly crowded, visitors have a chance to spread out and not topple each other. Impressive boat inventory on display, I especially liked the restored vintage Chris Craft.

Plenty of smiling attractive ladies who are eager to engage you in conversation, even had my kickers heckled for needing a free leather conditioning treatment. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

The Fishin' Hole has some great sales on gear down there too, as always Bill and his team were helpful but not pushy.

Definitely worth checking out the show this year, I'm glad I went.

fishmonger
02-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Plenty of smiling attractive ladies who are eager to engage you in conversation, even had my kickers heckled for needing a free leather conditioning treatment. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Were you the guy who insisted that your boots need to remain "as is", that was the look you were going for?

She looked heartbroken!

Springerman
02-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Don't forget to drop by the Sarce & Calgary Fish & Game Clubs jointly sponsered Kids Fish Pond.
The trout were biting good and the kids were having a lot of fun yesterday!

FallAirFever
02-06-2015, 08:58 AM
I think I'll take my two boys tonight. My house is going to be full of loud teenage girls. The perfect excuse to get out of the house and to the show.

I am actually looking forward to it, I cant remember the last time I went.
Think it's been a few years now.

crosman177
02-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Went last night- super fun wholesome time!! Watch out for the beef jerky guys they're the devil ;)

Warrior
02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
I an heading down as well this evening.... See you there....

HRTNABN
02-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Heading down after work today, great recaps from those already there.

Cheers

SamSteele
02-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Everytime I go to these shows I either

a) find a newer, better, more expensive version of something I already have that still works fine or

b) i find something that I didn't know existed and I all of a sudden "need" it.

Bottom line, it's geared towards having you spend money to get in and spend money again. The couple times I have gone there looking for a deal on something specific there hasn't been a deal and the guys I talk to know less about the product than I do.

SS

Battery
02-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Don't forget to drop by the Sarce & Calgary Fish & Game Clubs jointly sponsered Kids Fish Pond.
The trout were biting good and the kids were having a lot of fun yesterday!

Can my girlfriend test out the pond? Shes 26, but hasn't caught a fish in her life :bad_boys_20:

HRTNABN
02-06-2015, 03:07 PM
For those purchasing tickets at the door...

"...present your WIN card at the door and receive $2.00 off the regular Senior or Adult admission price." - The show's website

Cheers

FallAirFever
02-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Just got here with son 2. He's in blue hoodie I'm wearing a grey Calgary Roughneck's shirt. Just watching Brad Fenson give a talk on cooking wild game. Lots of good little tips.
If you see us say hi!

FallAirFever
02-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Had a great time visiting the show tonight. My son loved it! Better mix of stuff this year than I remember from when we last went, a few years ago I think. Filled my pockets with raffle tickets, the boy tried a couple of the simulators and shot the pellet guns. He met Mantracker and was pumped!! Nice to see a couple of hunting stores there, Fly's etc and 2 guys hunting. It was a decent way to spend the evening with my son.

I had a couple of nice chats with a couple of salmon charter outfits including Dave from Serengeti.

It was great going on the Friday night, not busy at all.

GreenCanada
02-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Went last year and was disappointed by the lack of fishing and hunting gear.

I found it to be 60% boats, 25% atvs, 10% guides, and 5% apparel (including The Fishin' Hole) / conservation booths.

I likely won't be attending this year and instead will be butchering a couple elk. :sHa_shakeshout:

big zeke
02-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Went last year and was disappointed by the lack of fishing and hunting gear.

I found it to be 60% boats, 25% atvs, 10% guides, and 5% apparel (including The Fishin' Hole) / conservation booths.

I likely won't be attending this year and instead will be butchering a couple elk. :sHa_shakeshout:

Your time was better spent than mine. Went to the show, generally the same as last year, and the year before that...a few new booths but you had to dig to find them. Skipped over the wakeboards boats (Moomba, Zoomba, Goomba...whatever) so went thru half the show in 10 mins.

I keep saying I won't go back but I always do. It's sad when outdoor gear stores have more clothes than anything else. I miss Ribtor :(

Zeke

HRTNABN
02-10-2015, 10:52 PM
I was there Friday and picked up some goodies and raffle tickets, enjoyed it. Those birds were pretty neat!

Excited for Spring to try out my new rod and reel :)

Cheers