PDA

View Full Version : Rick Mercer

HalfBreed
02-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Had a good rant on pension clawbacks and such.

I'll be terribly annoyed if my pension is clawed back.

If I was an injured vet, I'd be even more annoyed.

twofifty
02-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Wasn't there something about Canadian vet amputees having to prove that their legs haven't "grown back" in order to keep receiving their disability cheques?

HalfBreed
02-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Wasn't there something about Canadian vet amputees having to prove that their legs haven't "grown back" in order to keep receiving their disability cheques?

I don't believe it was a 'grown back' issue, more of an 'are they still debilitating' issue.

Ludicrous

cody c
02-04-2015, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed his perspective till he did a show about gun owners and self defense and basically said anyone who would like to be able to use a firearm for self defense basically just wants an excuse shoot the neighbors kid in the back of the head legally whenever they wander into your place.

Now I don't think much of him.

chris762
02-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Having paid into CPP most of my working life, and hearing how the benefits keep getting lower and lower, I am always wondering if their will be anything left in 12 years or so. It saddens me to see the pensioners who helped build this country struggling to live, after the sacrifices they have made get swept under the rug. Without them Canada would be a much different country.