PDA

View Full Version : "Sex Pot Huntresses"...

molly
02-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Got your attention? :sHa_sarcasticlol:
Read this on my FB newsfeed from my favorite wild game cooking blog.
Interesting little read.

http://camoisthenewblack.com/2015/02/03/daughters-sex-pot-huntresses-and-the-future-of-american-conservation/

paintchips
02-04-2015, 09:03 AM
I too have a son and daughter. My boy is 8, I have him hooked on hunting and the outdoors with (I'm hoping) the same passion as I do towards it. My daughter is 4 and if she would like to come along for a hunt or hunts this coming season, I look forward to it. As the author said, "I dont feel that it is an obligation but more being able to spend some quality time with my daugter, as I do my son out in the field''. I hope that instead of her falling for the image portrayed of female hunters in some of todays outdoor shows (not all as there are some very passionate and knowledgeable female hunters out there), she becomes hooked on the image and passioin of the sport that I instill in her. I often wonder if at some point things will change and my boy decides that hunting is not for him and my daughter will continue to carry on the tradition. I hope not but one never knows.
One other thing that I'm thinking will help me in this pursuit is enoying her enthusiams, ie. dolls, toys, having my nails done haha, and shopping when when shes older. Shes 4 now and some of these things she will grow out of (I hope, a man gets weird looks with having his nails done walking through cabelas or canadian tire lol) but if I spend time with here doing her choice of activity with excitment, I can only hope that she will do the same.
In the end if neither of my children decide to harvest an animal, as long as they are willing to spend sometime outdoors with me at any age I'll be happy, also if they're along for the ride i can use them to help load the animal I harvested.

molly
02-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Well said, paintchips!
You sound like a fun Dad!! :)
I did not have an outdoorsey Dad, but grew up on a farm and have always loved the outdoors. But, being a softy, no hunting for me! The Hublet has educated me a great deal in hunting, shooting, fishing and for that I am grateful. I help as much as i care to and he appreciates that. And, for the record, I rarely go out without sunblock and lipgloss, but that is about as fancy as I get when heading out to the woods! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

slickwilly
02-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Only down to the by-line and I already love it. Steve Rinella is my all time favorite.

paintchips
02-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Thank you Molly, I try to be for sure. Anytime spent with your dad is time appreciated by all. If you find the Hublet a good read, the author that wrote the article you posted is very well spoken and knowlagable in the hunting world. If you ever want to see a well done hunting show thats not just about killing an animal (as some shows make it). But more about harvesting an animal and the work and time spent doing it, I recommend checking out his show Meat Eater on youtube. As for the lipgloss and sunscreen thats ok, at least your not out there doused in perfume and glitter, scarying the deer for your dad haha. Now I cant wait for warmer weather to be outside even more.

paintchips
02-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Only down to the by-line and I already love it. Steve Rinella is my all time favorite.

Mine as well, I look forward to his shows, and Waiting for his books in the mail. I ordered them and hope to have them soon.

Bigwoodsman
02-04-2015, 11:50 AM
My daughter is getting into ice fishing and really seems to enjoy coming out with me when I go and I love having her along. She is five so her back pack is usually full of activities that keep her amused. Recently we started to bring board games and set up a table in the tent and pass the time this way. She loves to go camping and hiking the river valley as well.

As for hunting she is big into shooting her little bows and seems to enjoy it a lot and neither her mom or I discourage her. She asks me when can we go moose hunting? She has been exposed to this from watching television with me. I used to do quite a bit of hunting and just may do so again if this interest of her continues. Her mom isn't a hunter which is fine, and she doesn't discourage our daughter which is awesome, I think she see's some free time for herself in the future.

Whatever my daughter decides to do along these line she will have mine (our) full support and encouragement. Nothing wrong with hot huntresses having fun with dad or dad and mom or by themselves one day.

BW

paintchips
02-04-2015, 11:53 AM
As for being a softy Molly there is nothing wrong with that. As a hunter I appreciate the fact that your gaining knowledge in the sport and understanding what its actually about, your dad is to thank for that as well. There are people out there that are quick to judge, without having looked into it first.

paintchips
02-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Thats cool that your daughter is going to get you back into the outdoors. And you BigWoodsmen, being able to guide her along. I hope that she as well as you stick with it and its something you both get to share for years down the road.

molly
02-04-2015, 12:01 PM
I didn't realize he has all these books! Just ordered "Meat Eater" for Hublet...for Valentine's Day! :)

Bigwoodsman
02-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Thats cool that your daughter is going to get you back into the outdoors. And you BigWoodsmen, being able to guide her along. I hope that she as well as you stick with it and its something you both get to share for years down the road.

I hope so too, as long as she shows an interest I will take her there, and if she decides it is not for her then that is ok too.

BW

paintchips
02-04-2015, 12:08 PM
very true BW. I was tought as i'm sure you everyone here was as well. to encourage them in whatever they choose. Its fun just watching them grow and try new things and find themselves as people. Check back in a couple hours as i have to hit the road. Have a good day you guys, and gal. Cheers.

slickwilly
02-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Mine as well, I look forward to his shows, and Waiting for his books in the mail. I ordered them and hope to have them soon.

I just finished the MeatEater book. I guess he has a big "complete guide to hunting, butchering and cooking" coming out in August that I am really looking forward to.

cody c
02-04-2015, 04:34 PM
I've listened to Steve Rinella on a couple of podcasts on the joe rogen show, I really enjoy hearing someone with those kind of hunting ethics, and gratitude, plus he's got some good stories.

Jim Shockey and Cam Hanes have been on his podcasts too, really great if you work at a desk and can listen.